Senior Manager, Regional FP&A
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The senior finance manager will lead the Finance & Planning Analysis team in Hong Kong and play the consolidation lead role for total GIS finance, with extended arms outside
HK (such as India, Shanghai and Vietnam) to provide FP&A deliverables for overall consolidation.
S/he will partner closely with the business leaders (Categories and Functions) and act as a business advisor on strategic initiatives understanding the financial implications through the development and execution of financial planning & measurements. s/he will also lead to drive operational efficiencies to deliver the best customer value yet maintain control and compliance.
What you'll do
- Support Regional & local functional initiatives to support long range plan and strategic business plan. Play a lead role in terms of developing business case focusing on ROI. Manage projects to operationalize the initiatives
- Manage annual budget /forecast across the sourcing categories/functions across the globe. Align annual budget target between Global Supply Chain (GSC) and Global International Sourcing (GIS) and to provide relevant info securing budget/forecast sign offs
- Prepare consolidation for GIS budget and forecast. Review, support and guide/advise category and functional FP&A teams for all FP&A activities.
- Make sure the forecast/budget is credible, accurate and realistic.
- Be the FP&A business partner to category and function business leaders; provide fact based analysis to advise and influence on all financial related matters
- Develop relevant analysis/sensitivities & reports) to drive discussion, highlight risk and opportunities and facilitate discussion leading to conclusion.
- Develop & Analyze key performance indicators to measure business and operation performance. Provide insights and flag issues on a timely basis.
- Identify and implement ongoing process improvement and cost efficiencies for the organization and target to deliver process simplification and driving standardization and efficiencies
- Develop strong capabilities and bench strength for FP&A and support talent development across the Finance organization.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or equivalent
- CPA or equivalent
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience preferably in sizable MNC
- Prior work experience in US or Asian multinationals; Previous exposure in Manufacturing or Apparel Sourcing industry is a plus
- Solid experience in forecasting and budgeting using complex models/tools
- Financial systems (Oracle, Essbase) and strong excel skills
- Working within a matrix environment, partnering collaboratively with stakeholders within and outside Finance; multi-country exposure.
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and problem solving skills with ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Strong commercial orientation and good communication skills
- Proven experience in managing big teams with diversified culture and level of experience.
- Good project management skills
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top