Senior Manager of Call Center Operations CA/OH
This position can be located at our Rocklin, California or Groveport, Ohio location.
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Sr. Manager of Operations leads and directs the Rocklin, California and Groveport, Ohio Contact Center Operations team to support the multi-site operation with responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction globally across multiple brands and markets. This role includes responsibility for forecasting, staffing, workforce management, and reporting. The role will include leading the Customer Support Department that is responsible for reviewing online orders processed through our eCommerce systems to prevent fraud.
The Sr. Manager of Operations will play a key role as a leader in the Contact Center, working collaboratively to contribute to the customer care strategy. This involves research into technology solutions and business processes that will improve the customer experience and operational efficiencies, including development of opportunity assessments and ROI analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership for the Contact Center Operations team to ensure that operational and financial service level and metric goals are met across all areas. Establish process improvements through management of performance metrics.
- Collaborate with Contact Center management on operational design and efficiency improvements needed to optimize individual performance of contact center agents.
- Lead the forecasting, budgeting and analysis processes for the Contact Center, serving as the key liaison with Finance for operating and capital budgets. Analyze and prepare variance reports to ensure operations are within budgets and approved expenditure levels.
- Work with key stakeholders to assess business growth strategies to determine impact on the Contact Center operations.
- Oversee and develop staffing plans and solutions in a complex contact center environment.
- Lead management of real-time Contact Center operations. Includes partnering with other functional teams to resolve issues affecting the customer experience and/or the contact center agents' ability to service customers.
- Lead the Customer Support Department to mitigate online fraud across all markets. Includes managing fraud risk, prevention and detection strategies and practices.
- Serve as leader within the Contact Center for payment security and privacy practices.
- Focus and ensure effective communications across all functions within the Contact Center and across the business in all locations.
- Provide leadership to manager level direct reports. Effectively lead, motivate, develop and coordinate performance of a diverse leadership team. Focus on a growth mindset that drives employee engagement.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS:Member of the Contact Center Leadership team. Partner with customer service leaders and serve as a liaison for the Contact Center with other company functional teams including Finance, Product Management, GapTech (IT), and key vendors.
6001 GREENPOINT DRIVE
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Contact Center operations best practices for service level and agent performance metrics across multiple channels (i.e. phone, email, chat, work queues).
- Experience with leveraging contact center technologies and infrastructure to drive efficiencies, automate processes, provide self-service and monitor performance. Ability to build strong partnerships with internal and external support teams.
- Knowledge of workforce management systems and practices, including complex staffing plans and managing real-time performance.
- Knowledge of tools and best practices for online fraud prevention in an eCommerce marketplace.
- Knowledge of credit card industry and payment processes.
- Knowledge of financial budgeting and forecasting processes with the ability to analyze business opportunities and develop an ROI.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills. Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- A wide degree of creativity and forward thinking is expected.
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and engage employees.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience in a Contact Center Operations environment.
- 5-7 years customer service operational experience in multi-channel Contact Centers with progressive leadership history.
- Multi-site operations experience servicing a 24/7 operation.
- Knowledge and experience of reporting and analytic tools (MS Excel, Business Objects tools, Call Management Systems, etc.) to drive solutions based on analytics.
- Experience with Card Not Present (CNP) fraud management in a high volume environment is desirable.
- Vendor management experience.
- Retail or eCommerce experience preferred.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top