Senior Manager – Monitoring Platform
About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands - Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City - have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we're more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it's why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It's why we're committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
What you'll do
- Drive the effort formodernizing, migrating the current monitoring and logging platform to the newand simplified industry standard tools and platform.
- Drive the effort indefining telemetry across the eco system, evangelizing across the enterpriseand driving the adoption across the enterprise.
- Drive the adoption ofthe new tools for monitoring and logging across the enterprise
- Responsible for the99.99 uptime of the Monitoring & logging platform.
- Strong desire to simplifythe developers debug experience by adopting and on boarding the right toolsacross the enterprise.
- Presents possibleupdates, recommendations, strategic opportunities to both HDC & USleadership
- Develops relationshipswith HDC & US business leaders
- Provides advice on abroad range of MML tools and strategies
- Innovate and operateoutside the comfort zone of established methods and procedures
- Establish immediatecredibility at all levels both inside and outside the organization and developlasting, productive and collaborative relationships
- Demonstrate excellentcommunication and influencing skills including the ability to simplify keymessages, present compelling stories and promote technical and personalcredibility with internal and external executives, and to both technical andnon-technical audiences
- Successfully work andcollaborate across organizational and geographic boundaries
- Drove the effort in migrating/ modernizing tools to latest industry adopted monitoring and logging @enterprise scale.
- Successfully worked inpartnership with colleagues throughout an organization, and in leadingcollaborative teams to achieve common goals
- Drove the effort instandardizing the dashboards across the ecosystem for APM and Infra monitoringalong with the application specific logging.
- Proven hands onexperience in managing operations of large scale internet-centric productionenvironments for application or infrastructure services serving tens tomillions of end users.
- Exposure to tools likeNagios, Splunk, New Relic, Data Dog, Graphite; is desirable.
- Bachelor's in ComputerScience, Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 5 years'experience in an Engineering Leadership position, overall 12+ years of workexperience
- Broad knowledge ofstaple IT technologies (e.g., operating systems, servers, virtualization,storage, software development, and their related impacts as it pertains tonetwork resources) is desirable.
- Retail experiencepreferred
- Willingly shares relevanttechnical and/or industry knowledge and expertise in order to mentor teammembers.
- Excellentdecision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top