Senior Manager - Men's Knits and Graphics - Inventory Management
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
The Senior Manager of Inventory Management is responsible for the successful end-to-end Inventory Management of multiple departments or small division. The Senior IM Manager leads a team that may consist of Inventory Managers, Planners, Analysts, and Allocators through the successful development, execution and communications of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals.
- Manage team of Inventory Managers, Planners, Analysts and Allocators, providing leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Balance workload priorities across division and departments to ensure successful execution of inventory management
- Support the career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Develop IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
- Will manage managers of others and will help to motivate in order to get work done through others
Business Process Management - Supply Chain Operations
- Maintain IM business processes and serve as subject matter expert for process improvements
- Balance team workload thru multiple process steps (including buy planning, pre release forecasting and weekly re-forecasting)
- Act as primary trainer for staff on IM processes and operating models
- Participate in strategic projects for process and operating improvements
Financial Planning - Forecasting
- Manage the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly merchandise plans, as appropriate
- Develop and communicate comprehensive department financial & product strategies
- Ensure alignment of multiple department plans to divisional objectives
- Reconcile top-down & bottoms-up department plans to division plans and forecasts
- Consolidate open-to-buy activities at the divisional level
- Lead Division OTB meeting
- Report out Divisional financials at monthly forecasting meetings
- Develop multiple department level pricing recommendations and strategies in alignment with divisional financial plans
- Recommend departmental strategies for packing pre-packs, size balancing and inventory balancing
Plan Management - Allocation
- Implement consistent and profitable in-season replenishment strategies and practices
- Lead teams in assessing and executing exceptions for in-season replenishment
- Develop department wide risk mitigation plans & execute when appropriate
- Lead divisional flow forecasting
- Analytic Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Relationship Management: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Presentation Skills: Effective in a variety of presentation settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and bosses
- Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Planning & Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
- Process Management: Can identify and articulate the processes necessary to get things down efficiently and align resources effectively complete activities
- Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Risk Management: Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
- 2+ years of supervisory experience, preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top