Senior Manager, Learning And Development, Retail Academy, Inventory Management, Gap Brand
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Sr. Manager will represent Retail Academy curriculum and programs in our New York offices, partnering with their San Francisco based peers and the brand learning and development teams. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to design, enhance, and deliver the Retail Academy's Inventory Management curriculum to new hires in inventory management and to the Retail Management Program (RMP) trainees during their inventory management rotation.The Sr. Manager will develop, and enhance learning solutions based on the changing business needs of the inventory management function and will ensure learning and development objectives are achieved through effective audience engagement, coaching and teaching of general education and inventory management processes, systems and tools.
This role is fulltime and located in New York.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivery of content includes general education courses, Inventory Management theory, processes, and systems/tools
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and behavior change to align with development goals and achieve learning objectives
- Reinforce development learnings through follow-on learning activities
- Develop and deliver train the trainer sessions to ensure effective, high-quality, consistent delivery of learning across target audience groups
- Provide coaching and support to ensure successful delivery of learning
- Assess quality and success of programs and share feedback to validate effectiveness and suggest improvement
- Assess new hire understanding post class and provide follow-up support where needed.
- Share assessment and observations with the Directors, and/or program owner, as appropriate
- Update and/or create content to meet business needs by business-specific examples and activities.
- Localize content to meet business needs by adapting existing curriculum to meet new hire understanding through tone, examples and activities.
- Ensure partnership and buy-in from executive and functional sponsors on curriculum
- Partner with San Francisco Retail Academy members on Merchant Youniversity and Product Team Onboarding classes.
- Facilitate orientation with RMP trainees, and their managers and buddies, explaining the program details and roles and responsibilities.
- Effectively coach RMP trainees during their NY rotations
55 THOMAS STREET
- Business Unit Knowledge – in depth understanding of Inventory Management, key business unit drivers, strategic goals, concerns, and pain points to effectively support the organization
- Facilitation – present concepts clearly, articulate key distinctions, and lead rich discussions suited to the audience's needs
- Coaching – provide timely coaching and feedback to help individuals and groups strengthen a specific knowledge or skill area
- Building Partnerships – identify opportunities and take action to work collaboratively and build strategic partnerships with brand learning & development, and senior leaders from various departments to help achieve business goals
- Verbal and Written Communication – clearly conveying information and ideas through verbal and written communication to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Change Management – facilitate the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization
- Influencing and Persuasion – use appropriate interpersonal style and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea from business partners
- Strategic Decision Making – obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving goals and committing to a course of action to accomplish set goals
- Managing Complexity – effectively identifying, breaking down, and managing difficult situations and work tasks
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks, structures, processes and culture
- Technology – having achieved a satisfactory level of technical skill in select computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and web usage
- Experience required: 5+ years of Inventory Management with a strong understanding of Inventory Management theory systems and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication and proven track record in understanding the cross functional team
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Outstanding project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage large complex projects and competing priorities.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top