Senior Manager, Kids Visual Merchandising
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
The Senior Manager of Visual Merchandising is responsible for overseeing in-store product presentations for ON Outlet by directing a team of managers and associates in the creative/strategic development and field communication of all projects. They work with other members of the Visual Merchandising leadership team to formulate, strategize, and direct team on company. The Sr. Manager leads, inspires and motivates the team to achieve high levels of performance and engagement. They lead change and growth initiatives within the division, while demonstrating the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced work environment. The Sr. Manager demonstrates cross-functional proactive thought leadership.They assess business needs by prioritizing tasks, monitoring the workflow, removing roadblocks and supporting the staff in meeting deadlines.
This position requires a high level of technical, supervisory, leadership, process management and communication skills while developing and maintaining key talent.
- Synthesize current and relevant market and visual merchandising trends to influence and guide all Visual projects
- Drive for continual improvement and innovation to support business strategies
- Assess team's potential and limitations and clearly articulate a development strategy that strengthens and inspires direct reports to meet their business and career goals
- Create clear actionable direction for Field through weekly, monthly and event based communications
- Regularly communicate and present to the Senior Leadership Team
- Build strong partnerships with key cross-functional teams including Field Visual, Design, Merchandising, Marketing, Store Design, and Operations
- Influence Design and Merchandising to develop product assortment through key milestones
- Motivate, build and develop skills of direct report(s) as applicable
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Hold self and others (including business partners) accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- Lead/participate in brand facing projects as needed
- Execute operational leadership – ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met
- Travel as needed
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
Minimum Education level
- BA or BS Preferred
- 5-7 years Visual Merchandising experience (Corporate Visual experience required)
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Retail store background/experience preferred
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Strong fashion and styling sense with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends into projects
- Proven track record in leading a team to execute on an aligned multi-year business strategy driving results for the brand year over year
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, empower, and influence others
- Strong talent builder skills, including the ability to create and carry out development plans at all levels for career growth. Comfortable addressing poor performance promptly and effectively.
- Proven ability in managing projects from inception to completion with strong sense of accountability
- Ability to work independently and efficiently while handling multiple projects
- Exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Excellent presentation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence
- Superior intrapersonal skills—works wells as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to collaborate, influence, and interact at all levels of the organization including interfacing regularly with senior/executive leadership
- Deep knowledge in working within a cross-functional organization
- Advanced computer skills preferred—Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top