Senior Manager - Inventory Strategy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
- Lead team of Managers, (Sr.) Planners and Analysts, through development, execution and communication of investment and system optimization strategies to ensure achievement of Old Navy financials plans and brand strategies
- Responsible for establishing team goals and priorities and guiding team to create strategies to achieve goals
- Create and articulate annual roadmap for team
- Influence Inventory Management strategies and initiatives and Cross-Brand agenda
Process/System and Tools:
- Expert in all Allocation & Planning tools
- Recommends & Influences tool & system enhancements
- Strategizes new business process to drive financial goals and strategies for larger scale impact
- Influences IM leadership & Brand leadership to adopt new ways of working by communicating business benefit
- Develops system, tool and process improvements to drive efficiency
- Designs & delivers comprehensive training that clearly demonstrates strategy & tactics for larger scope projects that impact other functions (Merchandising/Production)
- Champions the structure & approach to a self-service learning hub
- Coaches IS Managers to IM team with business issue solutions and training
- Partners with IM leadership to prioritize and align on strategies
- Drives project forward by linking to Old Navy strategy and goals
- Develop project plans that includes, but are not limited to, tool development, IM leadership feedback, training and stakeholder feedback
- Own and manage multiple projects or larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
- Accomplishes project milestones through leading others while holding team accountable to timeline and quality
- Models strong time management by delivering project milestones on time
- Holds project team accountable to timeline and quality
- Appropriately informs & engages IM leadership
- Influences leaders (internal and external) about enhancement/project needs through clearly communication and linking to business benefits
- Leverages SMEs, SWAT leaders and IM leadership as key stakeholders and is seen as someone that incorporates feedback into strategies
Own development of self
- Manage team of Managers, (Sr.) Inventory Planners, and Analysts
- Support career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Create a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
- Influence others (team and cross functional partners) to drive results
- Demonstrate ability to develop IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
- Committed to delivering work that adds value to company goals
- Values partnerships as a means to delivering results
- Demonstrates the value of being people focused
- 4-6 years of Inventory Management (or equivalent) experience
- Demonstrated strategic agility ability to anticipate and articulate future business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies
- Proven success with leading organizational change
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Old Navy inventory management applications (or equivalent) & MS Office
- Background in planning is required
- Experience in leading system / tool projects for a business is required
- Proven track record successfully leading and developing a team
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top