Senior Manager, International Tax, Gap Inc.
The Senior Manager, International Tax will assist in the corporate international tax research and planning function, manage international tax audits as assigned. In addition, they will support the Company's global transfer pricing strategy and policy, as well as the quarterly and year-end tax accounting process with respect to international operations. The candidate will interface regularly with Gap Finance, Legal and Corporate Senior management, as well as business teams regarding strategic impact of international tax planning and transfer pricing issues.
- Learning Agility
- Strategic Orientation
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Drives Results
The Senior Manager of International Tax will report to the Senior Director, International Tax and will be part of the International Tax Team.
- Primary responsibility for performing international tax technical research for team and preparing appropriate memorandums or other documentation for issues researched.
- Provide tax technical direction, advisory services and coordination in developing and implementing international tax strategies.
- Participate in the international tax planning initiatives to determine the impact of new initiatives on Gap Operating Strategies.
- Work with Corporate and Finance business partners to develop plans that harmonize tax planning with long-term business plans.
- Manage selected international tax audits, develop appropriate positions and strategies, and (when necessary) engage in negotiations necessary to achieve resolution.
- Coordinate international tax strategies with outside Counsel, Tax and Accounting advisors.
- Support and coordinate with Director of Transfer Pricing for transfer pricing related issues including APA, transfer pricing reports, audits, documentation, and competent authority.
- Provide technical support and coordinate with Director of International Tax Compliance on US tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries, including review of Form 5471s and 1118, maintaining E&P and tax pools, analyzing US inclusion amounts and local tax compliance issues.
- Review, identify, research and analyze new issues related to compliance area and tax provision.
- Extensive Knowledge of Federal income taxation as it relates to international (cross-border) transactions
- Good knowledge of International taxation in Europe and Asia
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and financial analysis skills required to convey the tax impacts of complex technical issues to nontax stakeholders
- Excellent research and project management skills
- The ability to integrate strategic business objectives with overall tax strategies
- Strong training and people development skills
- Strong Project management skills required
- Undergraduate degree required; one or more of the following a plus - CPA, MST, JD
- Minimum 10 years direct tax experience (domestic and/or international)
- Minimum 7 years direct tax experience in international tax
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top