Senior Manager- International Logistics and Process Management - Global Supply Chain and Product Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Senior Manager category lead in Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for Gap Inc. The Senior Manager category lead will own planning, implementation, and execution of category strategies for highly complex International Logistics category. The Senior Manager category lead will be responsible for developing and maturing strong and effective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externally that result in on-going strategic partnerships, leveraging their subject matter expertise and market intelligence to yield total cost of ownership savings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead Category Strategy development and execution through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business' short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.) as well as subject matter expertise in the international logistics, brokerage, consolidation and third-party warehousingcategories.
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships : successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus : Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Lead cross-function team to achieve defined category performance targets ; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing's role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broader category teams in the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects and process improvement
- Act as a change agent to drive Strategic Sourcing process, scale and leverage opportunities
- Business Acumen: category expertise in the following categories (international logistics, brokerage, consolidation and third party warehousing)
- Strategic Orientation : experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability : experience leading a team and/or complex, global project to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization.
- Personal Leadership : demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team.
- Drive for Results : Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team.
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 7 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top