Senior Manager, Global Real Estate Strategy & Analytics, Gap Inc.
Gap Inc.'s Global Real Estate Strategy & Analytics team is a centralized corporate function that provides strategic and analytical support to the Gap, Inc. portfolio of brands. We are responsible for informing companywide initiatives that impact our retail store fleet. This team operates in both analytical and strategic operating environments – addressing immediate concerns as well as those that are anticipated in the future. We partner most often with Corporate Strategy, Customer Analytics, Consumer Insights, Real Estate Field, Real Estate Finance, and other functional groups across the company. This role reports into the San Francisco-based Director of Real Estate Strategy & Analytics.
- Strategic Orientation
- Learning Agility
- Talent Builder
The individual best suited for this role is a proven leader that will be able to leverage a strong analytical background – ideally in a consumer facing industry – to address quantitative questions across various financial and operational metrics. In addition, he/she will have the ability to function as a "change agent" to not only lead the execution of the analytical process, but also contribute to the development of the strategic questions and creation of strategy recommendations. The individual with this type of skill set typically has a background in strategy consulting, business intelligence or analytics, or corporate strategy. Real Estate specific experience is not required, but a passion for retail is!
- Develop, lead, synthesize and deliver research and analytic efforts to unlock answers to key business questions pertaining to the changing retail real estate landscape to help drive growth in our business
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis with regards to Gap Inc.'s brands, competitors and industry performance
- Act as the go-to resource for any real estate developer related inquiries and ad-hoc analytical projects
- Gather, organize, and utilize data from multiple sources to enhance Corporate Real Estate's in-house market intelligence
- Maintain center intelligence (data pertaining to Mall, Lifestyle, Strip and Outlet Centers) to support strategic initiatives or address inquiries related to retail real estate
- Project Management responsibilities, including maintenance of project plans for complex, cross-functional efforts involving other cross functional teams
- Monitor the financial performance of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs)
- Identify and analyze risks and opportunities of cross-brand, cross-regional real estate portfolios through review of financial terms, lease metrics, Landlord and market strengths/weaknesses and Corporate/Brand priorities
- Proactively identify ways to improve current processes including best practices in data analysis
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis and business objectives into clear business recommendations
- Comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaboration—expertise collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and influence others
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently
- Strong Powerpoint skills
- Expert in Excel functionality, including Vlookup, IFTHEN, Pivot Tables, etc… and able to "slice and dice" large amounts of data with accuracy and efficiency and also leading analytical staff in doing the same
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Hyperion Essbase, APT (Applied Predictive Technologies), or any other data analytics programs is a plus
- BA / BS in Statistics, Finance, Statistics, Business Administration or another quantitative field; MBA a plus but not necessary with relevant experience
- Experienced leader of others in an analytical environment
- Minimum 8+ years professional work experience
- Business Analytics/Consulting, Business Strategy experience preferred
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top