Senior Manager, GapTech Finance, Gap Inc.
The Senior Manager of GapTech Finance is a great opportunity for someone looking for a transformational, challenging, fast-paced role supporting Gap Inc.'s Development and Operations ("DevOps") area. This position is accountable for developing a team of GapTech financial analysts and delivering on the GapTech's financial objectives by improving visibility, simplifying execution, and coaching the team to be advisors to the DevOps leadership team.
- Customer Impact
- Drives Results
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Drive development of monthly financial forecasts, annual budgets and long range plans for DevOps that accurately reflect anticipated business performance, highlight key issues for senior management, meet Corporate requirements, are aligned with brand strategy, and incorporate recommendations from all key business partners
- Manage the monthly financial close process for DevOps in close partnership with CCG and CSSC - deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expense and balance sheet items
- Be the "go-to person" for all financials related to the DevOps area. Lead with influence to earn financial advisor role for supported teams
- Develop members of your team to maximize business value by providing business-savvy thought leadership, analyses and counsel as change agents of the organization
- Support brand finance teams to help build budget and forecasts for GapTech charge-backs, and direct costs associated with strategic initiatives impacting both corporate functions and the brands
- Provide guidance to non financial associates with regard to Corporate Accounting/ Finance policies and standards
- Drive as well as coach team members to reduce time spent on recurring activities via process improvements, automation and simplification.
- Provide hands-on support to project teams navigating the various financial processes including business cases, and assist in resolving funding and accounting issues
- Drive strategic efforts, initiatives and operating model transformations
- 8+ years of business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and team management experience
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of IT a plus
- Proven ability to manage business process transition, from initial situational analysis through post implementation support
- Passion for learning new functions and business processes
- Highly energetic with desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Proactive and innovative thinker
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Bachelors degree required (MBA/CPA a plus)
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top