Senior Manager, Field HR Projects
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Sr. Manager, Field HR Projects is both a leader and facilitator within the cross functional Field team. This role supports the successful execution of high impact projects including GPS Rewards, Talent Routines, Employee Surveys, Peak Staffing, Organization Changes, and ad hoc projects as they arise and impact our People strategy in the Field. This role is highly integrated into both the Field HR team and the Store Operations team, as well as the broader Gap Inc People Operations and Strategy team.
• Leverages an expertise in project and process management to drive successful execution of HR projects - ensure desired outcomes are clear, roles are assigned, key milestones are designated and committed to, obstacles are identified and planned for, and ultimately that the project is value add to the business.
• Act as project lead for large scale projects including
o GPS Rewards (data validation, rewards allocation, budget reconciliation, rewards communication)
o Talent Routines (ensure successful execution of new and emerging Talent tools in the Field, in partnership with Talent Management)
o Employee Surveys (data validation, project calendar communication, workload planning, administration, results delivery support)
o Peak Staffing (coordination with Labor, Store Operations, Communications to ensure goals and timing are clear)
o Organization changes and realignments (goal clarity, scenario modeling, overall project planning, and ultimately seamless execution of any changes to org design or alignment)
• Identify opportunities to streamline and simplify cyclical HR projects for ease of execution and seamless employee experience - including real estate activity.
• Maintains a close partnership with the Analytics team to ensure data routines are strong both on the input and output side of all Field reporting.
• Support Field HR team in reading and reacting to Field reports - strengthen our Insights muscle to ensure that data is leveraged to drive action, testing, and sustainable change
• Provides on the ground support for People systems and tools, including Workforce Analytics Tool, PeopleSoft, Passport, and Manager Self Service
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed Brand and Inc organization
- Proven track record of successful project management from planning, implementation, sustainability to project close
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making on behalf of the HR team in cross functional projects
- Analytical Skills Required
- Proven ability to analyze complex data by identifying linkages between multiple data sources that tells a story and drives key people decisions
- Strong diagnostics skills (listening, probing, analyzing)
- Strong computer skills in Excel
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of HR data and systems
- Demonstrated sound judgment skills - ability to assess risk and take appropriate action
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage several projects and competing priorities at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top