Senior Manager - Engineering
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Architecture & Engineering (A&E) team is a critical Store Development function that provides design, architecture, and engineering services for all new and remodel projects across our vast North American and Mexico fleets. This team is responsible for delivering high quality drawings end-to-end; from schematic store design to final construction drawings, and closely supports other key functions in the organization to develop, open and operate our stores with expert technical guidance.
As a Sr. Engineering Manager you will have an exciting opportunity to be a leader in establishing requirements for MEP design and construction. You will be the technical expert representing the engineering field, partnering with architecture, construction and maintenance. In this position you will work with both internal and external groups gaining valuable exposure to many aspects of the business.
- Prepares thorough tenant criteria and lease review driving for clarity on MEP scope of work.
- Liaison with engineering consultants on design commenting on project specific schematic, design development and 100% construction documents.
- Manages requests for information coordinating with business partners to determine the most cost and schedule effective practical solutions.
- Partners with Construction Sr. Managers in review and resolution of engineering design and construction related concerns.
- Performs MEP site visits for high profile and complex projects as needed both domestically and international.
- Provides engineering troubleshooting assistance for Maintenance, Facility Services, Store Operations and Real Estate.
- Shares with team project coverage during absences from office.
- Active Electrical or Mechanical Professional Engineering License.
- 8 years minimum design experience in retail, commercial, or government industries.
- Field experience inspecting HVAC systems, controls, electrical and plumbing installations.
- Retail roll-out with managing/mentoring experience preferred.
- Construction knowledge with thorough understanding of sequencing and building codes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Working knowledge of AutoCAD and HVAC software.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top