Senior Manager - Diversity Business Partner: Athleta
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will serve as a strategic Diversity Business Partner for one of our Brands and/or Functions, and operate as an integral part of the Equality & Belonging team, providing breadth and depth of diversity and inclusion expertise to identify and drive strategies that accelerate the success of our business. You are a thought leader and influencer, creative and collaborative in bringing together energy and resources inside and outside your function. You challenge mindsets and inspire new points of view and help remove systemic and cultural roadblocks to drive meaningful change; and you are in search of an amazing opportunity to help shape and impact the future of Equality & Belonging at Gap Inc. and the world at large.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with Brand/Functional leadership team, HR and other key stakeholders in the strategic planning, design, implementation and monitoring of Gap Inc. and Brand specific Equality & Belonging initiatives, ensuring plans are aligned with our talent practices, development frameworks and organizational strategies and goals to support our 2025 commitments and beyond.
- Provide strategic and day-to-day operational leadership on equality and belonging programs and practices, ensuring a core and common approach across the Brand/Function.
- Connect Brand/Functional opportunities to our Employee, Customer and Community Belonging objectives, working in concert with the leader of these three Equality & Belonging verticals.
- Work closely with Brand/Functional partners to understand business strategies, assess current cultural competence and identify capability gaps and opportunities for improvement to enable a culture of inclusion, belonging, and allyship.
- Provide relevant data, analysis, and recommendations to guide decision-making related to execution of Brand/Functional strategic efforts.
- Advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of leadership to build cultural competence and inclusive leadership skills to further unlock employee engagement capabilities; serve as an ambassador for employee network groups, helping to increase engagement and active participation of employees in Equality & Belonging initiatives.
- Build and exert influence to create positive change and proactively mitigate and resolve employee issues in partnership with HR, Employee Relations and Legal.
- 6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role
- Experience analyzing organizational needs and setting strategies and goals to make a positive impact
- Broad thinking and perspective of current inclusion and diversity trends and change management best practices
- Track record of coaching and developing leaders and advising action in sensitive or ambiguous situations, including employee relations, performance management, or organizational diagnostics
- Experience leveraging best-in-class project management and stakeholder engagement techniques to influence broad group of stakeholders and senior leaders - without direct authority
- Proven ability handling complex and confidential information with discretion, advising action in sensitive and ambiguous situations and establishing business partner role as a critical partner and trusted advisor
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top