Senior Manager, Data Governance
The Customer Data and Analytics organization is a critical component of the Customer and Strategy Team at Gap Inc. This team is chartered with unlocking the power of customer data and analytics to drive customer obsession across Gap Inc. Additionally, this organization is responsible for building the Customer Data and Analytics Platform on behalf of the entire organization in partnership with GapTech.
Reporting to the Director, Informatics and Governance, the Sr. Manager, Data Governance is focused on designing and implementing the data governance framework for Gap Inc in partnership with GapTech.
- Design and drive implementation of the customer data governance framework for Gap Inc covering domains such as data quality, standard customer metrics definitions, and instrumentation.
- Enlist brand and central team support to take ownership and responsibility for data definitions and data quality
- Create enterprise policies, guidelines and processes for governing data and metadata across Gap, Inc
- In partnership with GapTech, devlop complete and accurate metadata for source systems, operational data stores, data warehouse and data marts
- Define and operationalize business and technical data steward roles
- Develop monitoring to ensure that guidelines are being implemented properly by brand and central teams, and GapTech
- 6+ years of experience in a multifunctional enterprise analytics team
- 3+ years of participating in and/or directing data governance activities
- Deep knowledge of retail and ecommerce customer domains highly desirable
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Passionate about data quality and data governance
- Strong leadership, relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to work effectively across all levels of management and staff
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as math, statistics, physics, chemistry, engineering, economics, computer science, operations research); Master’s degree highly desired, but not required.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
IT Business Analyst
Jared operates as a function lead between Gap’s business partners and technical leads. He helps them understand the business requirements to deliver high-quality technology to Gap’s customers.
Back to top