Senior Manager - Customer Belonging: Specialty Brands
- San Francisco, CA
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Customers are wearing their values, now more than ever, and inclusion is an integral part of purchase decisions - from design concept to marketing to the online and in-store experience. As we push for change within the fashion industry, we believe it is our responsibility to ensure that everyone feels seen in the products we make and sell. We're looking for (3) Senior Managers of Customer Belonging to help bring inclusion to life within our brands, establishing a shared vision for product inclusivity and customer empathy to build a "Best Product. Best Experience." approach across Gap Inc. You'll serve as an integral part of the business by designing, operationalizing, and standardizing inclusive product practices in direct alignment and partnership with product leaders and key stakeholders across all brands within the Gap Inc. portfolio.
What you'll do
- Drive and advance diversity & inclusion efforts through Equality & Belonging's Customer Belonging platform: product inclusion, online + in-store experience, and customer engagement (social + communications + activations).
- Serve as an integral part of the business by designing, operationalizing, and standardizing inclusive product practices in direct alignment and partnership with product leaders and key stakeholders across all brands within the Gap Inc. portfolio. Partner with product leads to cultivate an environment for employees that demonstrate Gap Inc.'s commitment to creating for all, with all.
- Serve as the center of excellence within the brands (dividing ownership between Specialty Brands, Old Navy, and Athleta) for inclusive product research, strategy, design and execution to more readily identify opportunities and develop more inclusive products and customer experiences that drive bottom-line impact
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Design/Tech Design, Trend & Concept, Production, Marketing, and other key business teams to explore, research, and inform the development of more inclusive products and customer segments
- Create best practices and processes for HQ and Field teams to standardize inclusive product creation and customer engagement
- Consult with Consumer Insights and ARO teams to review global market data, identify industry trends, maintain cultural relevance, and capture product and customer segment opportunities
- Partner with Gap Inc. and Brand communication teams, routinely highlighting the company's inclusion efforts through key communication channels
- Partner with Talent Management/Learning & Development to integrate inclusive design principles and bias mitigation concepts into product lifecycle learning curriculum
- 6+ years of experience in diversity and inclusion, consumer strategy, and/or product management
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing/consulting role
- Experience leading cultural and enterprise-wide change, with demonstrated success working with executive leadership, influencing key stakeholders, and partnering with cross-functional teams to drive and implement new initiatives with executional excellence
- Experience in drawing meaningful insights from data to create strategies, operationalize solutions, and track metrics of success
- Passion for the retail industry and excitement for the opportunities around inclusion in fashion
- Team player with ability to thrive in a fast paced, energetic environment
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top