Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
In this role, you will be responsible for building strong relationships with a network of key business reporters and working closely and collaboratively with our portfolio of brands to establish and drive a 360-degree media relations strategy. In addition to financial, industry and beat reporters, we are looking for someone who can be an advocate for our sustainability commitments. The goal for this role is to build trust in and passion for the company and its brands worldwide through proactive media relations and storytelling. You will serve as an official company spokesperson. Additionally, the role is responsible for protecting and enhancing the company's reputation through issues and crisis management prep and mitigation. We are looking for someone to provide strategic communications counsel at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders.
- Responsible for business media strategy and execution across our portfolio of brands and supports individual brand strategies to align with the larger Gap Inc. corporate media strategy.
- Deliver strategic guidance and counsel to Brand communication teams on all corporate communication matters.
- Identifies and drives creative news-making opportunities that inspire business media to favorably cover Gap Inc. and its portfolio of brands.
- Supports crisis response strategies; develops strategic media responses including key messages, reactive statements and identification of credible spokespeople.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with top-tier, national and international business media that drives coverage.
- Develops extensive external materials in support of the narrative, including messaging platforms/narratives, press releases/alerts, executive bios, media pitches, reactive statements and extensive QA documents
- Serves as media spokesperson for the company.
- Prepares, counsels and staffs Gap Inc. executives for media interviews.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field, preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proven track record in corporate communications.
- PR agency experience preferred.
- Both agency and in-house experience a plus.
- Proven experience developing messaging for top executives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal client relationships, including executive level, in mid- to large-size organizations, preferably a public and/or global company.
- Experience in other functions within corporate communications (i.e., media relations, public affairs, digital/social media, internal communications), a plus.
- Global or international exposure.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top