Senior Manager - Company Planning - Gap Specialty North America Stores
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
This position leads Company Planning for Gap Specialty North America stores, owning sales, margin and inventory planning. The position plays an integral role in developing the annual operating budget & monthly forecast for sales, gross margin, and inventory metrics, while also helping drive profitable in-season inventory management.The Company Planning function is part of the Finance team, with primary business partners being the North America leadership team, North America Inventory Management, and Gap Brand Finance Leadership. This role reports into the Senior Director of Gap Company Planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Partner with cross-functional teams to develop sales and inventory targets for North America Specialty stores that support the company's Annual Operating Plan.
• Develop pre-season and in-season forecasts that influence commercial plan decision-making to maximize inventory productivity and top-line sales/margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to the company forecast
• Deliver credible forecasts grounded in commercial activities and inventory positions, with related Reg & Markdown and sales lever forecasts.
• Deliver consistent and compelling weekly business updates that provide concise, fact-based diagnostics regarding business performance, thereby facilitating timely decision-making.
• Deliver and present financial analysis that creates insight into the business, drives business decisions, and influences top-line sales/margin and inventory forecasts.
• Responsible for completion, submission, and accuracy of monthly corporate forecast.
• Manage the credit line process for Gap Specialty North America ensuring inventory positioning aligns with business trends.
• Keep business partners updated on emerging issues and company strategies and direction.
• Partner with other members of Company Planning team to refine tools and processes and improve the overall effectiveness of the organization.
• Take initiative and explore ways to better understand competitors, industry performance and macro-economic trends as relevant for development of financial plans.
• Manage and develop one direct reports
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus. 7 years of work experience, preferably with inventory management or retail planning and forecasting experience.
• Experience managing and developing a team
• Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities and workload in a fast paced environment
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence decision-making
• Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, including ability to formulate business strategy
• Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results.
• Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and the ability to learn new applications quickly. Essbase experience a plus.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top