Senior Manager - Change Management - Global Supply Chain and Product Operations
About the role
The Change Management team is part of the Global Supply Chain & Product Operations Product Management (PdM) group. The PdM group designs, creates, and implements inventory and price optimization capabilities that maximize profitability throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages generating significant financial return to enhance the customer experience.
The Change Management Team facilitates the people side of change across Gap, Inc. by enabling adoption and sustainability of process changes, system rollouts and organizational changes, with the ultimate goal of increasing profitability across Gap, Inc. Change Management is crucial to the on-going success of PdM projects by leading over-arching change management efforts across multiple projects. This includes, but is not limited to, developing Program-Level change strategy and providing change leadership from inception through post-adoption assessment.
The Change Management Sr. Manager will focus on enabling the people side of change for these implementations, including assessing and articulating the level of change needed for business processes, systems and technology, job roles, and organizational structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and executing Prosci-based change management strategies that equip our global teams with the awareness, desire, knowledge, ability, and reinforcement needed to maximize their adoption, minimize business disruption, and strengthen our institutional change acumen.
The Change Management Sr. Manager will also act as a coach and internal consultant across multiple projects for various levels of the organization, including project sponsors, senior leaders, and directors of functional teams as they lead their direct reports through each transition. This position will additionally support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
This role will lead collaborations across multiple project and cross-functional teams. Key stakeholders include PdM, Business Leaders across Inc., Learning & Development, and the GapTech Business Engagement Team.
To be effective in this role, a candidate must possess change management skills, an understanding of retail product operations, have proven experience as a leader and innovative thinker, and exemplify effective communication and planning skills.
What you'll do
- Manages multiple change efforts across Gap, Inc.
- Develops and executes comprehensive change strategies for program-level initiatives across multiple projects
- Oversees creation and leads development and execution of project-level change management activities and deliverables, such as: impact assessments, governance and sponsorship engagement strategies, communication plans, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, training plans, resistance management plans, and measurement plans for adoption
- Acts as coach and internal change consultant to project sponsors, senior leadership and directors, and project teams
- Leads training development and delivery efforts, including developing sustainability plans with L&D and/or overseeing internal or external development resources
- Develops awareness strategies to ensure visibility to Change Team efforts
- Occasional travel may be required
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Ability to be flexible and quick to adapt to change
- Demonstrable ability to work through others
- Solid understanding of how people experience change, and how change management affects their experience
- Working knowledge of retail product operations and the retail lifecycle a plus
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across multiple geographies
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Comfort presenting to all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Strong discipline of adhering to standards
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- 5-8 years work experience, minimum with 2-3 years in a leadership capacity
- Experience on projects with complex scope and with system and process implementations
- Experience managing change efforts across multiple projects
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to implement change strategies across multiple organizations
- Experience with effective communication across multiple teams, including product management, technical development, and end users
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Experience in retail product operations, inventory management, merchandising, or production a plus
- Prosci change management certification a plus
Back to top