Senior Manager, Brand Management, Kids & Baby, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Global Gap Brand Management team is responsible for setting the strategic direction of each sub-brand within the Gap portfolio of brands. The Sr. Brand Manager position is a strategic role that requires a deep understanding of the customer, global markets, competition, trends, business goals, product knowledge and strategic planning of across multiple marketing channels.
The role requires a high degree of strategic agility matched with ability to lead across functions. Key marketing business partners include insights, advertising, digital/social media, PR, gap.com, creative and all regional leads. This role will report directly to the Director of Brand Management within the Global Marketing department. Key cross-functional business partners include merchandising, design, inventory management and brand strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Strategic Development
- With Director of Brand Management — Lead overall planning, management and measurement of seasonal marketing plans & promotions, including message by channel to ensure business and brand objectives are met.
- Delivers seasonal strategic briefs that are rooted in customer insight, market trends, brand positioning with clearly defined objectives and measurable goals.
- Plays a key role for all business partners as their Brand Management expert, displaying a deep understanding of business and customer diagnostics.
- Drives product messages for all marketing partners: define messages with merchandising and design,
- Creates marketing blueprint to showcase messages, provide detailed information to inform other marketing partners and ensure product messages are defined and clear.
- Ensures that business priorities and product investments are aligned with marketing investment and activities.
- Leadership and coordination of competitive tracking and consumer insight gathering to ensure strong external context and consumer focus to inform planning.
- Develop understanding of each market's business and marketing objectives, and identify and communicate ideas and opportunities from around the world to support those objectives
Cross-Functional Alignment & Integration
- Works in close partnership with all cross functional marketing partners to ensure ideas and proposed tactics (creative concepts, media plans, digital and influencer plans) are on-brand and aligned with set seasonal or annual strategies
- Leads strategic discussions with merchandizing and inventory management to align to the right product messages that deliver against business, brand & consumer needs.
- Influences creative integration across channels and across brand as appropriate.
- Participates in key in-season meetings to ensure that marketing deliverables are meeting strategic objectives.
- Support Director of Brand Management in coordination of key consumer insights projects for brand as needed.
Operational Excellence and Communication
- Partners and communicates with Marketing in all regions to ensure that brand consistency exists around the world, while allowing for customization of local/regional marketing programs as appropriate.
- Ensures that projects adheres to timelines and exceeds high standard of execution to deliver the best brand experience to customers
- Communicates marketing activity to all key business partners
- Drives the seasonal planning, timing and integration
55 THOMAS STREET
- Strong business acumen, analytic skills and understanding of financial and retail business diagnostics
- Strategic agility and strong planning orientation, with ability to clearly articulate inspiring plans
- Passion for retail and for the agility required in a fast-paced retail environment
- Experience in integration of marketing messages across multiple channels, with the ability to pull cross-functional teams together to finalize marketing plans.
- A passion for the GAP brand and a demonstrated understanding of the GAP brand vision/positioning and style aesthetic.
- Ability to coordinate, leverage and socialize consumer insight, and identify appropriate metrics for measurement of initiatives
- Knowledgeable about multiple marketing disciplines
- Skilled in establishing relationships with cross-functional partners throughout an organization and ability to navigate across levels and functions.
- Ability to work motivate and inspire creative teams with an appreciation for creative consistency
- Financial proficiency in retail metrics and experience developing and managing budgets
- Ability to manage conflicting points of view and arrive quickly at a solution that is in the best interests of the brand/business
- Results-orientated, and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An innovator who has experience in building integrated marketing programs and who can be known to take risks and think of bold ideas.
- Minimum education of a Bachelors degree, MBA preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years of brand management, consumer or retail marketing experience, preferably in retail, consumer packaged goods or cosmetics
USA, New York, NY Full Time
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top