Senior Loss Prevention Manager - Great Lakes Region - Detroit, East & West Michigan
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
As a Sr Loss Prevention Manager, you are responsible for leading loss prevention teams, plans, and execution to Protect Old Navy teams, customers, and profitability in your assigned district(s). You will manage an area of responsibility relatively higher in scope and/or complexity than the LP Manager. Key factors for complexity are but not limited to sales volumes, shortage history, district dynamics/loss prevention risk, and interaction with business partners. You execute and coach the Old Navy Loss Prevention Strategy and territory plans to protect stores from safety, theft, fraud, cyber and security threats. You maintain a high performing team of LP (Loss Prevention Manager, Loss Prevention Lead, Loss Prevention Agent, and Loss Prevention Service Representative) by continually recruiting, hiring, training, leading, and developing your team. You continually influence the field organization by teaching, coaching, and inspiring leaders in the area of Loss Prevention through training, communication and awareness programs. You manage vendors, physical security, and contract guards.
- Collaboration & Influencing
- Customer Impact
- Drive Results
- Talent Builder - Recruit, Develop & Retain
- You are a part of the Territory Loss Prevention team and lead hourly loss prevention personnel.
- You execute Loss Prevention/Safety programs through teaching, coaching and inspiring Store Leadership and Loss Prevention teams.
- You collaborate with (Sr) District Managers, Store Leadership and cross functional partners in Human Resource, Operation and Visual Merchandising to make the best business decisions.
- You provide expertise and build capabilities to ensure understanding and how to apply the Loss Prevention Strategy.
- You actively pursue details about the industry and district, acting on this information to improve the safety and profitability.
- You lead and inspire teams to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, and fast-moving to deliver Old Navy standards.
- Drive the Protection of our business by continually analyzing potential threats, developing proactive plans to deal with those threats, and deploying high performing LP teams to prevent or address those threats.
- Effectively communicate and partner (teach, coach, and inspire) with the District and stores teams to execute LP, safety, and operational plans.
- Lead effective store visits focused on safety, LP, and operational controls that will deliver best in class protection and execution in stores.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain the best team to meet both short and long term business goals including creating a talent pipeline for the larger business.
- Rigorously follow up to ensure implementation of initiatives and plans to ensure planned results are achieved within financial and time constraints.
- Conduct and/or support company investigations (internal theft, external theft, security, fraud, and cyber threats) and proactively monitor controls through Intelligence and exception based reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to: drives results, coach and develops direct reports, follow-up skills, collaborate and executes through others.
- Demonstrated ability to actively learn and immediately apply learnings into decisions and behaviors.
- Demonstrated time management and ability to prioritize /multi task.
- Proficient in conducting Wicklander investigations and integrity interviews.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- 1 plus years of supervisory experience.
- 2 plus years of retail experience required, Loss Prevention experience preferred.
- Flexible to work days, nights, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to travel as required by business, including overnight.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top