Senior iOS Engineer, Tech Lead
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
At Gap Inc., We are passionate about delivering world-class customer experiences utilizing cutting edge technologies through sound Agile development practices. As we continue to evolve our platform capabilities, our ideal candidates have a strong passion for delivering innovative & sustainable solutions to our customers with a business-driven approach to architecture and a strong emphasis on quality, including DevOps concepts, build, and test automation. Applicants should excel in a collaborative, results-driven culture and be able to influence other engineers, stakeholders, and leadership on mobile strategies & technologies.
- Work collaboratively with Mobile Product Management, UX Design and Mobile Platform Architect to design and lead development of Gap mobile applications
- Mentor and lead the mobile developers to build an architecturally sustainable codebase that delivers a high-quality experience
- Consult with key technology stakeholders (internal and external API owners, etc.) to drive enhancements and changes to their products when needed by the mobile applications
- Drive analysis of metrics (NewRelic, etc.) data to constantly improve the user experience; Lead the team in its DevOps journey, iterating on alerting and other incident identification tools to detect and resolve issues before our users do
- Influence and engage actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization; Continuously improve practices and methodology through code reviews, mentoring, identifying training needs, etc.
- Display strategic thinking and come up with sustainable solutions that span across projects and platforms, keeping an eye towards simplicity, reliability, managability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Collaborate with the Mobile Platform Architect to identify standards-based solutions that are appropriate to our environment
- Initiate and lead effort towards organizational goals and objectives
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift; Extensive experience implementing iOS design patterns like MVC, MVVM, etc.
- 7+ years s oftware development experience, with at least 5 years architecting, designing and developing iOS Applications with a proven history of large-scale app
- Able to guide technical decisions; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects; Track record of building efficient, well-designed mobile applications
- Hands-on experience with Agile development practices & Agile, XP, or Scrum project methodologies
- Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical, strong attention to detail
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable business systems
- Exposure to mobile-complimentary technologies such as AngularJS, Node.js is a strong plus
- Experience with payments and other iOS peripherals (printers, scanners, payment processing) is also a strong plus
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top