Senior Inventory Planner
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Senior Inventory Planner is responsible for maximizing sales, margin and inventory of a department or category through pre-season commercial planning and in-season optimization. The planner ensures the unique product needs of a region are met by gathering and assessing data of that market, making recommendations for creative solutions. The Planner serves as the market subject matter expert and is responsible for in-season yield management from allocation through to promotions and markdowns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Senior Planner, Inventory Planning is responsible for:
- Manage the financial success of the division by meetings sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Responsible for the assortment types (tiers) that are delivered within each store to maximize productivity and margin related to space planning and customer profile (modular assorting).
- Responsible for maximizing yield through allocation, replenishment, pre-season and in-season promotions and markdowns.
- Maintains the pricing architecture that is in line with the global strategy as well as the local market positioning.
- Partners with global planning team and global merchandising team on delivering comprehensive market hindsight to develop product and inventory strategies to service all global regions.
- Responsible for managing inventory budgets by quarter.
- Execute initial inventory releases; ensure consistent and profitable in-season replenishment.
- Within the purchase order process, inform team of divisional strategies for packing, pre-packs, size balancing and inventory balancing within multiple pools of inventory.
- Execute departmental distribution strategies to capture location-based opportunity.
- Sponsor analysis and cross-functional partnerships that will identify and quantify size selling, geographic and store-attribute opportunities; ensure follow through on execution of strategies.
- Manage the financial success of a department or category by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals through in season yield management.
- Lead the analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities for multiple departments.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Manage monthly forecast to track inventory on plan.
- Coach and train planners and analysts to identify key learnings and develop future strategies.
Reports to Manager or Director of Market Planning
Minimum 4 to 5 years inventory management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top