Senior Graphic Designer - Marketing
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
Senior Graphic Designer:
The Senior Designer will be responsible for creating design concepts for seasonal product messages that show up across Gap instore experience. Depending on the scale of the product message, this could include a multitude disciplines from: shoot/image concepts, in-store environment and signage, collateral, events, promotions and creative ideas on how to enhance the overall customer experience with the brand. The Senior Designer will work closely with the Art Director and will be responsible for owning projects from concept through to completion. This person will present thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives. They are part of the creative process and will be expected to help lead the process with their knowledge, experience and expertise in the field of design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design Gap materials that communicate directly with the customer. Execute compelling visual concepts in the context of a physical retail environment. Design Gap materials that enhance the brand and the overall customer experience. Creatively solve issues identified by the account teams. Demonstrate an understanding of the design and print production processes and combine this knowledge with the account objectives and budgets to solve creative challenges. Actively participate in and help drive the creative process by presenting thorough and well-developed recommendations to meet the given objectives. Independently identify issues and resolutions quickly and thoroughly. Ability to create any design instructions clearly for pre-production handoffs and review and mark up call-outs on mechanicals and proofs. Review color and final film composition. Work directly and collaboratively with visual merchandising and styling partners to help solve problems, find answers and meet final objectives. Build relationships with these business partners towards the best creative solutions. Participate in developing realistic time lines. Work from production schedules and status to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
- Background in graphic design and a love for typography, a must. Ability to be both creative and technical Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions and technical challenges effectively. Foresight with special projects to tailor and redefine the process as needed. Art and style awareness Work collaboratively and independently when needed. Minimum educational level: BA in graphic design or related area. Minimum experience: 3-5 years experience working in advertising or design studio environment. Ability to sustain professional demeanor despite unscheduled work, revisions and short timetables. Enthusiasm for the creative and technical processes. Desire to explore, understand and use new software and other technological advancements related to our business. Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top