Senior Graphic Designer - Creative Center
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
This role will be responsible for:
- Leading and executing the design needs of the Gap brand in support of internal and external communications
- Developing and delivering against Gap brand style guide in close accordance with the brand/marketing design guidelines
- Creating templates for materials from presentations, to posters, to digital formats. Create and deliver a look and feel for all communications that brings impact, consistency and promotes the brand vision
- Producing materials in support of the brand's annual conferences and meetings and provide templates for teams running other smaller events.
- Working with business partners to understand communication objectives and provide creative ideas and concepts to meet the needs of our business.
- While this role supports all Gap brand communications and reports to the Creative Center lead, this person must also be nimble and lean in to support design requests across the Gap Inc portfolio.
- Lead and execute the visual storytelling needs of Gap brand, and be nimble to lean in and support creative needs across the enterprise as needed.
- Work with business partners to understand communication objectives and provide creative ideas and concepts to meet the needs of our business and tell a clear + compelling story.
- Develop and deliver against Gap brand look, feel, voice and tone in accordance with the brand/marketing design guidelines.
- Create templates for materials from presentations, to posters, to digital formats. Create and deliver a look and feel for all communications that brings impact, consistency and promotes the brand vision.
- Produce materials in support of brand conferences (i.e. annual Field Leadership Conference), meetings (i.e. Town Halls) and presentations; provide templates for teams running other smaller events.
- Provide creative direction and design support to communication teams and business partners across the portfolio as needed.
- Assist in building creative content that engages all audiences and builds excitement for Gap and the company's portfolio of brands.
- Proven track record in graphic design, preferably specializing in communications
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Innovative thinker when it comes to visual communications
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute visual concepts in a highly collaborative environment
• Must be an exceptional designer, storyteller, strategist and collaborator, capable of communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences.
• Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier and MS PowerPoint. Photography skills a plus.
- Effective team player capable of leading efforts across categories and a matrix of brands
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail
- Flexible and agile in the face of changing business needs while delivering against aggressive business goals
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top