Senior Global Merchandise Planner, Gap Brand
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Senior Planner of Global Planning is responsible for partnering with the cross functional team on the development of product strategies and leading the creation of the financial strategy including sales, margin and inventory from department to class and from globe to region. The Planner ensures that hindsight, assortment framework and financial strategies are built in a way that service all global markets by gathering and assessing data of the market and partnering with the regional teams. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Senior Planner, Global Planning oversees multiple global departments with the below responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning an assortment that hits the tops down product strategies and financial plan inclusive of sales, margin and inventory from division to department and from globe to region.
- Responsible for building the assortment that meets the framework targets inclusive of style/sku targets, in store dates, good/better/best framework, and season code (time on offer).
- Responsible for planning a range that meets IMU%, Sales and Inventory targets.
- Partners with global marketing on key investments aligned to big ideas, campaigns and marketing.
- Accountable for the Inventory investment (style level buy) for Gap global business including US, Canada, Europe and Japan.
- Partners with the Regional Inventory Management teams on delivering a comprehensive global hindsight to develop product and inventory strategies to service all global regions.
- Partners with Finance and Regional Inventory Management to create and manage to inventory budgets by quarter.
- Manage the financial success of multiple divisions by meeting sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Analysis of historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities for multiple departments.
- Collaborate with the global merchant team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments.
- Create pre-season sales, gm, and inventory plans by department and class that support product strategies.
- Manage the reconciliation of department targets and bottom-up plans.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan.
- Validate and present department financial forecast and strategies in OTB process.
- Identify risks and opportunities across key product categories.
- Coach and train planners to identify key learnings and develop future strategies.
- Review buy plans/strategies and ensure plans meet financial targets.
Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with peers and cross-functional team.
Effectively influences senior leaders across the company both within Head Office and the Regional offices.
Leads effective team development and identifies succession planning across the organization.
Collaborates with peers to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge.
Drive for Results
High Integrity and Honesty
Dealing with Ambiguity
Partners and collaborates with Snr Director Global Planning, Head Merchants, Regional leaders and cross functional teams.
Reports to Manager or Director Global IM.
55 THOMAS STREET
Minimum 4 to 5 years inventory management experience
Four year college degree or equivalent required
Ability to travel internationally
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top