Senior Director - Women's Knits, Woven Tops & Sweaters - Inventory Management
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
The Inventory Management Senior Director leads a team of Directors, Managers, Planners and Analysts through development, execution and communication of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. Responsible for creating and articulating vision, and providing strategy guidance to team. Contributes to creating global vision and purpose of function. Actively participates in brand strategies and engages with executive leadership team.
What you'll do
- Oversees the development of division, department & class level plans that support market strategy
- Own setting and driving division financials and product strategies (for all milestones) with team and cross-functional/cross-channel peers
- Set global positioning and guardrails for team to build long range plan strategy and financials for division
- Set guidelines and direction for team development of annual, seasonal, monthly & weekly merchandise plans
- Participate in development of seasonal commercial plan
- Own representation and communication of division and brand strategies for all team and brand executive forums
- Proactively guide in-season financial management, including open to buy forecasting, pricing decisions, and demand driven buying decisions to deliver financial goals
- Lead and drive ongoing division financial and strategic discussions and take action quickly to maximize financial results, mitigate risks, and positively impact short and long term business results
- Gain insights on business results to influence future division, functional and brand strategies
- Identify and recommend in-season commercial plan changes for the division or brand
- Guide cross-functional discussions and highly influence partners
- Provides guidance for team in prioritizing initiatives that maximize efforts and ties to key brand/division goals; removes roadblocks to support team
- Lead and drive brand initiatives for continuous Inventory Management process improvement, ensuring ongoing effectiveness
- Partners with cross-functional team leaders to shape/improve cross-functional operations
- Accountable for career development, skill development, and leadership competency of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
- Partners with cross-functional team leaders to shape divisional talent
- Cultivate a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment for division and cross-functional teams
- Develop Inventory Management bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years work experience in Inventory Management
- Strong track record of leading and developing a team
- Financial and Business Acumen:
Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality:
Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Influencing & Negotiation:
Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
- Systems and Tools Acumen:
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Developing Direct Reports & Motivating Others: Ability to hire, train, develop, and retain direct reports
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top