Senior Director, Product Management - Personalization & Marketing
Shopping continues to evolve at a rapid rate. Capabilities that were recently differentiated are now table stakes. Gap Inc will re-establish leadership – complementing several leading brands, a strong multi-channel presence and strong fashion product development capabilities with a renewed focus on the customer experience.
A key element of this leading customer experience is "Personalization". We believe that we have the right to win in personalization – with our strong set of customer-focused capabilities and large customer data set. Already we have valuable but undifferentiated capabilities, for example segmentation strategies, dynamic marketing and product recommendations.
In addition to evolving those capabilities, this role is charged with taking that to another level. What will personalization mean for one of the world's largest specialty retailers? This role will help determine the answer.
More generally the Customer Experience Product Management team at Gap Inc is responsible for creating a best in class digital experience. The work of product management impacts all brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands.
This team that ideates, executes, and delivers technology for Gap Inc.'s portfolio of specialty apparel brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
Our proprietary, multi-brand shopping platform drives the web, mobile, and in-store experiences across all of our brands. We are expanding our platform to enhance omni-channel capabilities, launch international markets, optimize mobile and tablet experiences, and support the growth of our retail store fleet.
Product Managers identify high-value opportunities and work directly with user experience design and engineers to continuously improve the experience for both external and internal customers.
This position reports to the Head of Consumer Product Management.
What you get to do:
- Develop and iterate on the vision for personalization within the consumer experience at Gap Inc., globally
- Envision, create and enhance the capabilities that materially contribute to business results and improve the customer experience
- Hire, develop and mentor the team that executes on personalization and marketing capabilities, a core element of Gap's customer experience strategy
- Represent product management in the cross-functional Personalization initiative, defining and evolving our product priorities and roadmap
- Personally bring thought leadership and product leadership to the personalization capabilities we'll create, buy and integrate
- Partner with marketing, brand, user experience, consumer insights, and analytics teams
- A point of view about the future of personalization, developed during extensive experience working at a leader in consumer experience personalization
- Track record of creating a vision and marshaling organizations to execute on that vision
- Commercial acumen – including the ability to rapidly understand our business and guide investments based on anticipated business benefits
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, architects & third parties
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate clearly with business & technology stakeholders, to synthesize complexity, esp on complex product prioritization issues
It would be great if you have:
- 7+ years of product management experience, including managing multiple product areas simultaneously
- 5+ years of evolving digital marketing technology / consumer marketing capabilities
- Consumer internet experience
- Experience hiring and developing product management teams
- Technical degree (BS, Computer Science, Engineering) and / or MBA
- Previous experience in software development
- Hands on ability to interact with complex data sets
- Experience with lean methodology
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top