Senior Director, Online Strategy - Old Navy Online
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Director, ONOL Strategy is responsible for proactively identifying, developing and driving long-term strategies and initiatives for Old Navy Online in partnership with senior leadership that will result in profitable growth for the company.Lead and manage teams in the resolution of financial, merchandising, and marketing strategic initiatives for Old Navy Online by facilitating identification of key issues; managing research and analysis; developing conclusions and presenting findings.
- Oversees vision in qualitative and quantitative analyses to better understand Old Navy, competitors, industry performance and macro-economic trends as relevant for strategic initiatives.
- Oversee operational leadership – ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met.
- Manage multiple initiatives which range from small to complex.
- Provide thought leadership to business partners on competitive marketplace, strategic direction, cross-functional implications, and other business decisions.
- Provide leadership and direction to Old Navy Strategy team.
- Oversee monthly open-to-buy/MF process.
- Strategize, develop and lead implementation of the five-year Long Range Plan, Annual and Seasonal financial plans for the channel, in close partnership with ON Business Strategy.
- Provide larger vision to the team around the bigger picture implications of the site experience (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall marketing experience.
- Collaborates with Digital Merchandising and Production on the prioritization and sequencing of new systems, tools and other initiatives that impact Old Navy Online.
- Partners with cross-functional leaders in scoping and developing short- and long-term business processes and systems adoption strategies which support the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Identifies and recommends solutions for change management issues to be addressed to support successful implementation.
- Informs, influences, negotiates with and persuades cross-functional teams to adopt changes based on strategic recommendations that support business needs.
- Motivate, build and develop skills of the team.
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency.
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners.
- Hold self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous learning with development opportunities and clear career-paths ensuring a strong and diverse talent pipeline.
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
Minimum Education level:
- MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience, preferably within management consulting, retail industry and/or consumer products
- 5-7 years of managing a team
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to think globally/strategically, to turn information into effective strategies and to drive results.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and to link strategies with financial plans.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects.
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence across the organization at all levels and/or outside of span of control or authority.
- Demonstrated track record as proactive trusted advisor/"thought leader" in an organization, particularly around strategic issues to drive results.
- Ability to develop and retain strong relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably.
- Exceptional communication skills: Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to lead cross-functional teams and to interact at all levels.
- Conflict management: Ability to proactively identify potential conflicts and approach conflicts as opportunities; ability to find common ground without compromising total position.
- Proven experience in managing teams including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results, working with internal or external resources.
- Ability to recruit and retain talented individuals and to recognize and address individual development opportunities.
- Ability to develop innovative insights from analysis to drive actionable results.
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends.
- Demonstrated Strategic Orientation; ability to anticipate and articulate future business needs and respond with the appropriate strategies.
- Innovation Cultivator; exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Proven track record in leading a team to execute on an aligned multi-year business strategy driving results for the brand year over year.
- Strong Talent Builder skills; proven ability to motivate, lead, empower, and influence others.
- Ability to lead and guide a team through change.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top