Senior Director of Marketing - Brand Communications
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Who We Are: Banana Republic was born in 1978 from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits. Curious, connected and out in the world, our clothing is designed for a life in motion. We travel near and far searching for the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance-because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities for a life with NO BOUNDARIES.
Why We Need You: The Senior Director of Brand Communications is responsible for the development and execution of the brand's range of storytelling from the brand campaign to digitally disruptive product marketing, social media, influencer/brand ambassadors and experiential activations. This leader will inspire and motivate a group of talented marketers in the seasonal strategy and execution of Digital (email and site experience), Windows, In-Store, paid and organic Social Media and Advertising programs. As a key member of the marketing leadership team, the Sr. Director will manage budgets, seasonal strategic milestones and integration with key cross functional partners including design, merchandising and inventory management. This position will work closely with the Store Experience, Digital and Creative teams to produce quality marketing programs that support our marketing and business objectives.In addition, this role serves as a leader in identifying and providing innovative solutions that support the creative development process.
- A leadership style that is defined by the ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross functional teams to collaborate in the development of innovative, digitally disruptive marketing programs that elevate brand perceptions and drive business results.
- Able to influence and partner effectively with cross functional peers and senior leadership
- Must have strong analytical skills and proficiency with building strategic marketing and commercial plans that drive topline and bottom line growth
- Proven leadership in activating brands in culturally relevant ways and in new and engaging media and formats
- Must be extremely organized , able to work simultaneously on a diverse range of projects across multiple seasons in a dynamic retail environment that is responsive to business
- Ability to lead the development of the work with an in house creative and production team (without an external ad agency)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in the development and presentation of strategy, plans and creative briefs. Able to lead productive integration across teams in organization, and between departments in marketing, from big ideas down to plan strategies and tactics.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, Word. In Design or Keynote a plus.
- 12-15 years of relevant experience with fashion and/or retail industries , with cross channel marketing, in positions of progressive responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or a related field.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top