Senior Director Men's Design
- San Francisco, CA
About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.
About the role
The Senior Director of Design will be responsible for directing and managing staff members in all aspects of the product development process for entire area, typically for multiple classifications/departments or a merchandise division. Manages coordination of the planning and execution of a production strategy that supports design vision. Leads strategic development of goals and future business direction. Resolves issues that are unique in nature and may require novel approach.
What you'll do
- Responsible for providing global vision/business strategy for team.
- Oversee tailoring suiting and outewear, pants, wovens shirts, ties, and boxer shorts.
- Responsible for executing to production global strategy and communicating Leadership team.
- Provide a "Line Building" function for team, inclusive of product recommendations, recommended retail pricing, and production ready product.
- Maintain strong business partnerships with leadership teams in design, merchandising, fabric Research and development and PD to drive brand business strategy.
- In conjunction with Design counterpart, responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction of business; accountable for growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Ensures that merchants maintain integrity of line and product.
- Fully responsible for identifying and executing opportunities for process improvement and new technologies.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining annual budgets.
- In-depth knowledge of product development techniques and processes
- Expert fabric and garment construction knowledge through understanding of mills and vendors.
- Strong business management skills to include product costing and knowledge of financials as it applies to business strategies.
- Excellent leadership and business management skills
- Excellent ability to merchandise line and assort collection
- Proven excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Keen eye for color and pattern.
- 10 years product development experience including two years of managerial experience preferred.
- Frequent travel is required.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top