Senior Director - Inventory Management - Global Omni Planning - Women's
As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The role of the Global Omni Planning team is to maximize sales, margin, and inventory through pre-season optimization across all customer channels.This work requires strong analytical and story-telling skills, the ability to build close partnerships with other functions, and a focus on executing best in class customer experience while delivering/exceeding financial targets.
The BR GOP Senior Director is a key leadership role for the US & Canada Stores and Online markets with responsibilities including pre-season strategy and execution, cross-functional negotiation, and operations. This role leads the Women's Global Omni Planning division through the successful development, execution and communication of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals. The Senior Director is accountable for the continual success of the division/subdivision including articulating vision, measuring and developing talent, and ensuring successful operations of teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage team of Global Inventory Management professionals and provide leadership by creating a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
• Balance workload priorities across division and departments to ensure successful execution of inventory management
• Drive career development and skill development of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
• Lead goal setting process to meet brand and individual development objectives.
• Accountable for communication of brand, business unit, and division strategies
Business Process Management
• Evaluate and recap seasonal performance to influence future strategies
• Lead continuous improvement process of IM processes to ensure ongoing effectiveness and efficiency
Financial Planning & Forecasting
• Develop and communicate comprehensive (seasonal and long-term) division financial & product strategies
• Ensure alignment of division plans to business unit objectives
• Lead development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly merchandise plans
• Manage the reconciliation of business unit financial plans
• Business Acumen: Knowledge of financial measures and how pre-season strategies impact them.Understands the broader marketplace and competition.Aware of changing trends and customer behaviors that impact the way we do business.
• Presentation Skills & Comfort Around Higher Management:Strong story-telling ability to synthesize large amounts of data into conclusions and recommendations in oral and written formats
• Peer Relationships:Collaborates with peers and cross functional partners to share best practices and develop strategic knowledge
• Customer Focus:Constant focus on customer thinking within all tasks.Has a passion for product and how it shows up to the customer across all touchpoints.
• Dealing with Ambiguity:Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities with a willingness to learn and improve processes
• Drive for Results: Proven track record of adding more value within the same role over time
• Organizational Agility:Ability to work independently and with teams interchangeably to deliver results
• Technical Learning:Strong skill set in Microsoft Excel (Comfortable with: VLookup, Pivot Tables, Creating Formulas, Using Macros); Proficient in PowerPoint & Word, and has the ability & interest in mastering new and available technical applications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years work experience, preferable in Inventory Management
• 3-5+ years of supervisory experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top