Senior Director - Ecommerce Merchandising
About the role
We have an opportunity for a Senior Director, Ecommerce Merchandising to join our team. You will be responsible for leading the partnership and collaboration with Global Merchandising and Global Inventory Management to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the ecommerce customer and business needs. You will oversee the divisional ecommerce merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals. Accountable for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal ecommerce framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and BROL plans.
What you'll do
- In collaboration with Global Merchandising and Design gain approval for ecommerce business strategies, merchandise messages, and seasonal assortments that incorporate the ecommerce business objectives.
- In collaboration with Global IM, establish seasonal strategies and financial plans; identify growth opportunities and ensure the financial success of BROL by meeting and exceeding sales, GM and inventory goals.
- Identify, surface and size potential business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales and web performance metrics, CI data and competitive benchmarking; provide appropriate and timely direction to business partners and team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends considering all levers such as site changes, inventory levels and marketing opportunities and goals.
- Drive ecommerce exclusive business strategies, including product development in tandem with global merchandising and global design, promotional strategies and site presentation.
- Lead team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspiration and transactional commerce, intuitive and SEO optimized navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Maintain strong awareness of competitive landscape, both click and brick.
- Serve as a brand steward, through both product and site experience; gain support and alignment and trust through shared learnings and customer insights.
- Provide larger vision to the team around the bigger picture implications of the ecommerce experience (interplay across the entire division of sorts experiences, linking strategies, and how they inter-relate to overall marketing experience).
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile, app and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities).
- Think strategically, conceptually and creatively -must have, and can articulate, a vision that is sharable by all key stakeholders.
- Strong Business Acumen; expert knowledge of financial measurements and how to impact them. Identify areas of the business that need attention and have the ability to analyze the details when appropriate.
- Demonstrate agility in leadership style and flexibility of approach; has the ability to think strategically (high-level) and tactically (to drive execution).
- Must be the market-facing expert for the business (competitive and customer). Must be consumer centric and lead the teams to make decisions based on our customers wants.
- Passion for product in ecommerce - can translate trend to commercial big ideas, identify the next big thing.
- Previous experience as Divisional Merchandise Manager is required.
Back to top