Senior Director/ Director, Product Integrity
- Hong Kong
About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world.Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyonehas access to quality fashion at every price point.Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman,regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. BananaRepublic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gapinspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly madeessentials.
This simple idea-that we all deserve to belong,and on our own terms-is core to who we are as acompany and how we make decisions.Our teamis made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet.Ready tolearn fast, create with audacityand lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This role is responsible to drive continuous improvement of Global Sourcing quality initiatives through performance management and testing at the factory and vendor level through collaboration with the network of external 3rd party and certified mill / vendor and factory laboratories. The role is responsible to setup and review performance and testing standards through fitness for purpose and end-use; with guidelines and training materials for new and current processes monitoring and capability evaluations for all regions that Gap Inc procures goods from. The individual will be required to work with clear objective of improving overall product performance as measured through PI KPI's, correlation reports and random 3rd party audit results.
What you will do
Responsible to provide a consistent process and platform for testing, product performance protocols and vendor assessments.
- Accountable to provide a robust mechanism with a preventive approach towards maintaining quality standards; mitigate in-market failure risks
- Benchmark and identify market-leading quality standards and initiatives; assess and recommend implementation in partnership with Global Sourcing product development leaders
- Ensure Gap Inc partner vendors have a robust PI team and leader to ensure failure risks are identified and mitigated. When failures occur, robust Root Cause Analyses and Corrective Action Plan / RCA / CAPA are in place
- The PI leader and team is accountable to ensure vendors PI review are done on a quarterly basis
- Support the Category Technical teams for developing technical and product capability by identifying training needs for internal staff training and/or external training for vendors in area of new or update to existing protocols and regulatory bodies
- Facilitate preemptive actions and decision making by providing statistical results to Categories on PSR, and PI
- Maintain and collaborate effectively with COE - Training and Assessment and Process Improvement team to effectively implement best practices and facilitate knowledge sharing and internal/external training
- Experience in factory operations and process with good understanding of production
- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges; ability to have view a problem from multiple angles and provide viable and innovate options for resolution
- Proven ability in influencing and making decisions cross-functionally in a matrix environment
- demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- proven track record of assessing, attracting developing best-in-industry teams
- experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- proven ability together and analyze data along with implementing learnings for future use
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Back to top