Senior Director - Creative Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
For the past 22 years, we've committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It's what we do best, and we're on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we're strong, but together we're unstoppable.
About the role
This position will oversee the Digital & Print Design team and will be responsible for the seasonal concept work that will tie the season together as well as concepts stacked against regular "Lead Ideas". This position will lead the team in creating storyboards and pre-season designs that will bring each idea to life for the Brand- demonstrating how this idea would show up in all areas- Site, Email, Media, Social, Catalog, Retail. This will be a dynamic creative leader who understands how to lead a broad and diverse group of designers, editorial writers and art directors, fostering a community of ideas and inspiration and developing talent to enable growth within the team and for the brand. This leader will create and foster the aesthetic vision for the brand with a deep understanding the Brand DNA and strategic vision. This position will have significant cross-functional influence, contributing to a cohesive brand evolution across product and marketing. This person will be a visual storyteller with deep expertise in bringing a brand and product story to life through compelling, fresh design. Experience navigating high level executives and strength in persuasive argument is a must. This person will have a deep understanding of Art Direction and Photography, envisioning how an idea will come to life in photography and video.
What you'll do
- Create agency-quality ad campaigns that bring to life the Lead Idea across digital, print and retail vehicles. Create visual storytelling tools to lead the Design Directors to build framework against the Lead Idea
- Lead creative concepting work and work with the Digital & Print Design Directors to design the framework against these concepts, enabling the Photography Director to bring the Brand vision to life with assets planned against those designs
- Lead and plan brand campaign concepts that break through the competitive landscape and tell a compelling Brand story tied directly to a new, thoughtful product idea. These concepts would be brought to life through all marketing vehicles
- Develop innovative solutions for complex situations in a fast-changing environment; covers a wide range of activities requiring complex judgments
- Oversee, review and approve all creative for Site, Email, Media, Social, Catalog, DM's, Print Ads and misc. other designs. Ensure all designs meet an elevated, premium aesthetic and that brand filters are consistently applied
- Partner across a multitude of marketing leads to ensure business needs and marketing brief is understood and delivered upon with all concepts and designs
- Partner with CMO to create, maintain and evolve a consistent brand standard for both Women's & Girl's with tools such as a Brand Book and establishing a common language for evaluating work across the channels
- 15+ years of proven experience in leading creative for premium brands and/or innovative companies; experience with an athletic apparel brand is a plus
- Excellent 360 communication skills and ability to accept and deliver feedback in a positive and motivating way
- Proven experience hiring, developing and growing design talent
- Understanding of how to communicate concept work in a clear, simple, visually engaging way to ensure the audience is clear on the idea and how it would execute
- Deep knowledge of a "Digital first" marketing approach, understanding the needs of paid and social media and how to capture creative that best suits the requirements of success in those channels
- A change maker, a ground breaker, someone who challenges the status quo and can help us to move the brand forward
- A positive, motivating leader that can easily collaborate and work through confrontation in a solution-minded way
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top