Senior Desktop Support Analyst, Brand Design Team, Gap Inc.
About the role
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea - to make it easier to find a pair of jeans - and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business with five brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta and Intermix. We have more than 125,000 employees worldwide, more than 3,300 stores in 90 countries, several global e-commerce sites and we're still growing. Gap Inc. is a Fortune 500 specialty apparel retailer that runs Franchise operations, specialty retail brick and mortar, ecommerce marketplaces, wholly owned websites, and Outlet channels. Core to our extensive operations are our commitments to Gap Inc.'s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our commitment to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo we offer the opportunity to grow a career in a global company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
In GapTech, we are obsessed with our internal customers' success. We set the bar high and our goal is to always deliver excellence to our internal customers, and exceed their expectations.
The Technical Lead role is focused on providing exceptional IT support to our Design Teams including Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta, across 3 campus locations, and will require partnering with Gap Inc.'s Service Desk, and global GapTech teams to resolve technical and process related issues.
The primary focus of the Technical Lead is to ensure that the technology needs of our internal Design Team customers are being addressed proactively. All issues and requests are to be resolved within the agreed service level objectives and whenever possible, exceed agreed SLOs. Provide clear and timely communications to the Specialty Support Team manager and Design Team customers, detailing resolution timelines.
This role also involves scheduled after-hours support, as well as periodic off-site support, including meetings / conferences. If issues cannot be resolved by the Technical Lead, they are responsible for engaging the appropriate Gap Tech teams, or vendors, in order to quickly and efficiently resolve outstanding issues.
Who you are
- Subject Matter Expert, and Single Point of Contact for support for Design Teams, and their specialized tools, across Gap Inc.
- Serve as immediate escalation point for technical operations, and process issues
- Develop strong support relationships with each Design Team, and partner with key business contacts to proactively support all IT initiatives for their teams.
- Manage successful onboarding of new hires for the Design Teams across the campus, configure their systems, and ensure they have access to all the necessary tools for their role
- Partner with teams across GapTech, and Gap Inc. to troubleshootesolve issues impacting Design team systems, and tools, and drive resolutions to issues
- Work closely with Design Team leaders from all brands to gain a strong understanding of their technical needs, and offer sound solutions that present opportunities to mitigate issues, and provide efficiency in the way they work
- Manage relationships with vendors who service the software tools, and hardware that the design team uses in their daily work
- Provide 'off-hours' support during busy periods when the business has aggressive deadlines
- Continually analyze quantitative and qualitative data, evaluate opportunities to improve existing processes, and drive initiatives to improve our technical and service delivery to the Design Teams
- 5+ years of IT services and support experience gained in a large enterprise organization, preferably in the retail industry
- Strong experience in providing 1 st / 2 nd line IT support
- Ability to effectively manage projects and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Display proactive engagement, deadline oriented, high sense of urgency
- Proven ability in analyzing technical problems or process opportunities and recommending sound, creative, logical solutions
- Dynamic team player, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skillset
- Strong written, and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate point of view
- Comfortable and confident in dealing with ambiguity and change
- High professional standards: excellent customer service skills; possess a positive "can-do" attitude
- Experience in supporting AccuMark - Pattern Design, Adobe CC, Coyote Pattern Design, NedGraphics, and Optitex fashion design software, and Gerber Technology plotters, and digitizers
- Technical expertise with MS Office Suite, ServiceNow (preferred)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training,
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Tamika N.Production Manager, Gap Factory
As Production Manager, Tamika sources all sorts of fabrics and clothing materials in order to help bring the Design and Merchandising Team’s vision to life for Gap Factory.
Back to top