Senior Designer, Hill City
About Hill City
We started Hill City because we wanted to change the narrative. The idea of 'high-performance' has been traditionally marketed to ultra-athletes, power suits, and outdoorsmen. And we're taught from a young age to compartmentalize our lives based on those outdated archetypes. How we should act. What we should wear. But living an active lifestyle means more than that.
We're athletes, innovators, and adventurers-but also fathers, partners, and friends. At any given moment, we are all of those things at once. Our needs change with every aspect of our lives. We don't just want high-performance. Our lives demand it. We're looking for innovators who want to be part of something new and are willing to push boundaries with us.
About the role
The Senior Designer for Hill City will be responsible for creating incredible product that redefines high performance. The Senior Designer is accountable for the product development process, identifying growth opportunities and seeking out new technologies and solutions for both short and long-term impact. This role will collaborate closely with merchandising, production, fabric research & development, technical design and vendor partners to identify and drive innovation solutions to incorporate in the product development process.
What you'll do
- Sets overall direction in the conceptual development of product lines, anchored in innovative technical solutions.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the entire product design process, designing, creation/cocreation, sketching, building and fitting.
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; interprets international/domestic concepts and fashion trends as it relates to market demands, company image and business strategy.
- In conjunction with cross functional partners, is responsible for visualizing and determining strategic direction of business; accountable for process improvement, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect division/company.
- Oversees selection of fabric and trim.
- Provides overall recommendations and sets tone regarding style and fit of product(s).
- Ensures consistency of look between differing categories.
- Follow through on commitments and meet deadlines across multiple calendars/timeframes.
- Champion product through lifecycle; serve as a leader of the cross functional team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the apparel industry
- 5+ years of experience; ideally working in a high growth business and have a performance background.
- Excellent at setting priorities, fostering cohesion and inspiring cross functional teams
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
- Ability to act as a technical resource and mentor of others
- Ability to lead initiatives and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface regularly with senior leadership
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Hill City, Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Back to top