Senior Creative Director - Marketing
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
What you'll do
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables to cement while meeting the business objectives with fresh seasonal creative.
- Evolve, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity and voice for multi-channel campaigns that touch all areas of the customer experience-including social, retail, web, experiential, and more.
- Have a true passion for retail, fashion, photography and design as well as being a true conceptual thought-leader, constantly anchored in Old Navy's essence while able to continuously refresh the brand's voice over time.
- Lead and inspire a growing team of creative directors, art directors, copywriters, and designers to create first-in-class marketing for the Old Navy brand.
- Partner with your creative team leads (production, creative studio, marketing operations) to identify the right frameworks needed to ensure the team has the time, tools, and process to facilitate impactful work.
- Leverage cultural and consumer insights to ensure all creative work is strategy-led and positions Old Navy as a thought leader.
- Partner closely with Brand Marketing, Product, and other key stakeholders throughout the business to ensure creative output is highly effective while maintaining brand standards and innovation.
- In collaboration with Talent Acquisition, attract and recruit a team of top-tier creative talent across art direction, copy, and graphic design-continuously monitoring bandwidth and expertise needs.
- Operate at a highly visible and strategic level while managing a growing team of creatives-ensuring a high standard of execution while never missing an opportunity to mentor and motivate.
- Oversee the monthly photo-shoots. This will require regular travel for the shoots.
- Increase the creative profile of Old Navy in a consistently surprising way.
- Excellent knowledge of typography.
- Decisive yet flexible.
- 15+ years experience in brand creative direction-both agency and in-house experience a plus
- You have a compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brand's creative experience.
- A creative visionary-people are inspired by and excited to work with you.
- You operate at an executive level with the ability to both mentor and manage.
- Extensive knowledge of channel best practices-you never push creative work forward at the expense of business goals.
- Experience in and comfortable working cross-functionally-especially with
- Brand and Product teams.
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives change frequently-Empowered and Iterative are core values.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale and evoke excitement with your recommendations.
- Experience leading photo and video production.
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Keynote, and any other relevant tools needed.
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Passionate about the democracy of style
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top