Senior CAD Textile Designer- Men's
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
- Actively researches current trends in color, textiles and styles (shops the market, attends outside fashion presentations).
- Fully responsible for creating and maintaining seasonal color palettes.
- May identify opportunities for increasing workflow efficiencies.
- May provide direction and guidance to lower level CAD Textile Designers as needed.
- May manage seasonal/freelance staff by providing workload, evaluation and feedback.
- Fully responsible for developing and maintaining an organized project identification system.
- Responsible for data back-ups and computer/file storage to include creating and maintaining current seasonal directories on the network.
- Works closely with outside vendors/engineers to address technical issues as they arise.
- Performs departmental maintenance (e.g., daily upkeep of prints, ordering supplies (as needed).
- Presents and sells CAD ideas to management team.
- Manages preparations of visual displays for seasonal presentation.
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems/software/printers.
- General expertise of print and textile designs, color matching and creating of colorways.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- General working knowledge of UNIX required.
- Awareness if product development from conceptualization to finished design for textiles.
- College level coursework in computer aided design or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years experience as a Computer Aided Designer.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top