Senior CAD Textile Designer, Men's - Banana Republic
The Senior Designer will be responsible for collaborating with Men's CAD Manager and Print Director to drive creative process for prints and Yarn dye concepts. Responsible for creating on-trend, brand right original prints for product design and development. Has the ability to create artwork by hand and bring into digital form. Should also have a keen eye for Yarn Dye patterns and color combinations. Must bring a strong creative point of view along with great color sensibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with CAD Manager and Director to create original print designs, wovens and graphics. Alters purchased prints and creates color ways.
- Develops and presents CAD concepts to director and design development teams.
- Obsessive attention to detail throughout creation and production process.
- Continuously researches current trends in color and textiles techniques.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of seasonal palettes.
- Responsible for preparation of artwork packages that comply with production ready standards.
- Communicates daily with overseas offices to track the progress of prints
- Comments on print strike offs to overseas offices to improve color and engraving
55 THOMAS STREET
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of repeat patterns, textile printing, yarn dye reproduction.
- In depth knowledge of CAD systems and printers; Ned Graphics, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expertise of print and textile designs and techniques; color matching and strong sense of color for creation of colorways.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
Minimum educational level:
A Degree in Printed Textile Design or Fine Art.
Typically 5-7 years' experience as a Computer Aided Designer
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision to check for design changes and messages on graphics monitors and the ability to adjust focus to look from surface designs on paper or fabric to computer screen.
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: Constant interaction and collaboration with Design, Production, and R&D teams.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top