Senior Buying Manager
- San Francisco, CA
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
About the role
Job Analyze sales results for the Mexico Market; seasonally, hindsight and develop strategies based on the sales results, and drive strategies through cross functional partners and field leadership team in alignment with channel financial plans and goals. Expert on local market data and competitor activities; analyze historical sales performance as well as utilize detailed product filters to meet customer needs and maximize sales and margin. Drive ongoing commercial planning activities and performance analytics. Develop and communicate comprehensive financial & product strategies. Drive the development of annual, seasonal, monthly and weekly financial plans, as appropriate. Review category level pricing recommendations and strategies that align with financial plans. Identify seasonal strategies + exclusive business needs (Mexico unique product + placement, product edits/leveling, commercial plan/category distortion). Drives divisional business recaps, performance and forward-looking action plans. Forecast in-season sales, margin expectations and inventory ownership. Prepares monthly open-to-buy activities for respective divisions.
# of employees to supervise: 3
Travel is Required about 20% of the time under normal circumstances
Who you are
Requirements: A Master's Degree or foreign equivalent in Business, International Business or a related field plus 3 years of work experience in retail or a related occupation. Alternatively, the employer will accept a Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in Business, International Business or a related field followed by 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in retail or a related occupation.
Experience and/or education must include:
1. Analytical Skills: Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
2. Financial and Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math
3. Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; aware of the impact and implications of decisions on other components of the organization
4. Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and high aptitude to learn technical application quickly. Help to create and/or influence new tools, systems and processes
5. International Business experienced required, given projects or experience from roles that are related to working with multiple countries at once or different roles.
6. Required to travel domestically and international up to 20%
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
Back to top