Senior Business Operations Manager - Plaza at Greenville
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path. From day one, we've been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that's just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we're family.
Old Navy - a brand for everyone a place for you!
As the Senior Business Operations Manager, you drive profitable sales growth by connecting people to product. You do this by ensuring your store is appropriately staffed through selection, training and deployment of Brand Associates. In partnership with your General Manager and the Department Managers, you are responsible for creating effective schedules that meet the needs of the business. You lead through your team in execution of all standard operating procedures and create the conditions for your team to operate at maximum efficiency and productivity. As a senior leader in the building, you are expected to lead the leadership team in the absence of your General Manager. This is a critical leadership role within your store, leading both direct and indirect reports to positively impact the team, operations and profitability of your store. You effectively maneuver through the complexity of leading in a higher-volume environment and apply proactive problem solving to meet the needs of a dynamic business. Success in this role means your store has a consistently well-staffed, trained and engaged team supported by strategic schedules that maximize performance and support business needs.
As an Old Navy leader, your first priority is to contribute to the success of your store. This means that you not only deliver in your role as the Senior Business Operations Manager, but you also model leadership behaviors and deliver as a manager on duty. As the Manager on Duty, you deliver results during your assigned time, drive key performance indicators and brand loyalty by leading through your team. You make decisions and collaborate with other members of your store leadership team to prioritize work based on business needs and company direction.
- Develop Direct Reports and Others
- Process Management
- Learning Agility
- Decision Quality
- Business Acumen
- Motivating Others
Note: This position description indicates the general nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions expected for the aforementioned position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3-5 years of retail management experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, works with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including travel) to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, overnight and weekend shifts
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top