Senior Analyst - Strategy
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
Are you passionate about Retail Strategy, and do you want to shape the future of one of the biggest apparel companies in the world?
Do you want to join a team that engages with the C-Suite of a F200 company on a weekly basis?
Do you want to prepare for a diverse and exciting set of career opportunities across our portfolio of brands?
If so, Gap Inc. is looking for you! The Corporate Strategy team works front and center in defining the best path forward for our company. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic direction for our portfolio of brands.
We are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall corporate strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for preparing and supporting our C-Level executives for key stakeholders meetings.
Our team reports to the Chief Customer Officer / EVP of Strategy, and provides strategic support to our CEO and Leadership Team. We partner with C-level functional leads and Brand Presidents, as well as other Senior leaders across the company.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As a Senior Analyst, you will be reporting into the Director of Corporate Strategy, and in charge of driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth and long-range plans.
Working together with a Manager on the team, you will be asked to drive workstreams for Corporate and Brand strategic efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team.
Your goal is to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
- Support initiative identification, planning, and success
- Identifying key issues, structure problems, develop and deliver on key outputs that drive value creation across Gap Inc. brands
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including mine and analyze data, set-up financial models, and perform market and competitive research
- Synthesizing findings, develop supporting material for senior team meetings
- Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
- Supporting cross-functional business partners at all levels with analytic insights and problem solving
- 2-3+ years of professional work experience, ideally with a top-tier management consulting firm - exposure to retail / fashion industry a plus
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to collect, organize and analyze large sets of data efficiently and effectively
- Ability to develop hypotheses and translate complex ideas into structured output
- Strong written and oral communicator skillset, able to translate analyses into messages
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively - a true team player
- Self-starting and independent - able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status
- Strong interest in and knowledge of retail and/or apparel industry
- Previous experience with one or more apparel companies
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top