Senior Analyst, Product Finance, Gap Brand
This position presents an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed Product Finance team. The role will report to the Director of Product Finance and provide decision support analysis related to product investment and growth opportunities. Primary business partners include Merchandising, Logistics, Strategy and Inventory Management.
Candidates that are best suited for this role have a strong analytical background, are able to analyze large data sets and form clear business recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Merchant team to develop business case analysis related to product investments
- Prepare reporting and provide insight regarding the product to market process
- Provide analytical support into effectiveness of product strategies through ad hoc analysis and special projects
- Produce portfolio financial analysis, including program depth and breadth by division/channel
- Develop short and long term financial analysis related to product and division growth strategies
- Hindsight historical strategies to understand profitability and provide recommendations
- Help build tools and create processes for ongoing analytical support to the product teams
55 THOMAS STREET
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of financial or business analysis experience
- Previous experience in retail is a plus, but not required
- Strong written, presentation, and oral communication skills
- Expert in Excel functionality, including Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc.; Strong in PowerPoint; Experience with Essbase is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial analysis and business objectives into clear business recommendations. Solid understanding of financial modeling such as IRR/NPV analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt work style/processes in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with a large amount of detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Self-motivated: able to make quick, calculated decisions, follow through with responsibilities and be accountable for results
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top