Senior Analyst – Loss Prevention and Corporate Administration, Gap Inc.
As one of the world's largest specialty retailers, our past is full of iconic moments. But we're most passionate about the future, and the people who will help make our next decade just as groundbreaking as the last five. That's where you come in. Our team is seeking a Senior Accounting/Analyst to provide quality financial results to our Loss Prevention and Corporate Administration business partners.
Working independently, the Senior Account/Analyst demonstrates a high level of ownership. This role is analytical, detail-oriented and is committed to producing valuable financial results. This position collects and analyzes financial information to produce an accurate monthly forecast, assists in the procurement of goods and services and identifies trends that assist in the proactive financial management of the project. As a strong team player, the Senior Accounting/Analyst is able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Trust and Honesty
- Collaboration and Influencing
- Learning Agility
- Leads business partners in Loss Prevention and Corporate Administration (Global Travel, Global Corporate Events, Corporate Aviation, and HQ Cafes) expenditures, responsible for identifying and communicating key issues, opportunities and time lines
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Leads and inspires functional team to be: product obsessed, customer-focused, innovative, fast-moving and team-oriented.
- Develop monthly financial forecasts for Loss Prevention and Corporate Administration expenses that accurately predict business performance and highlight key issues for senior management
- Manage monthly financial close process - deliver accurate financial results, including comprehensive analysis of key expense and balance sheet items
- Develop annual budgets that meet all Corporate requirements, are aligned with Loss Prevention and Corporate Administration strategies, and incorporate recommendations from key business partners
- Own ongoing expense management efforts including annual headcount and temporary labor expense, corporate security guard services, 3rd party travel management costs, food and cafes supplies, corporate aviation expenses, background screenings, that include evaluating current business trends along with new business opportunities
- Evaluate current processes and tools to drive efficiencies and value added enhancements
- Provide ad hoc analytical support to influence decision making with financial perspective
- Provide guidance to project and business teams with regard to Corporate Accounting/Finance policies and standards
- Oversight over café and global events procurement to ensure timely payments to vendors, proper account coding, accurate supplier set-up, and resolve issues with accounts payable
- Play a lead role in establishing inventory and analytics tool for cafes which include reporting, cost analysis, to pro-actively leverage cost opportunities
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with proven ability to interact with various management levels
- Sound knowledge of accounting/financial/operational principles and theory
- Proven ability to develop effective business partner relationships
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, reflecting ability to prioritize
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, closing and reconciling operating expenditures
- Ability to formulate strategies and identify trends through research and analysis of various data
- Proven analytical ability and strong problem solving skills
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Oracle and Essbase experience a plus
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree (MBA/CPA a plus) in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 6 to 8 years of business experience in Finance, Accounting or related field, demonstrating increasing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, employment/non-employment status or disability status.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top