Senior Analyst, Inventory Strategy, Gap Brand
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and it grew to become one of the world's most iconic brands.
Today we're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. We have headquarters in New York, London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and, of course, San Francisco.
Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. Our clothes are crafted with care, with focused attention to thoughtful design. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes." They wanted to support the people who ran their company, to be active in their communities, and to have a positive impact on the world. Their vision helped transform retail, and we're still following their lead.
We stand for freedom and possibility for all; we champion diverse ideas that transcend generations, geographies and genders.
So if you have ideas, if you're talented, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world a little better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
The Inventory Strategy group designs, creates, and implements inventory and price optimization capabilities that enable Gap Specialty to manage business in a localized manner throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience.
The Sr. Analyst is primarily responsible for providing research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and capturing strategic opportunities. He or she will own and manage small projects or parts of larger initiatives, including identification of key issues, work planning, analysis, development of conclusions, and presentation of findings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and implementation of supply chain / inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Own and manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Prepare presentation documents and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management
- Serve as a liaison with brand functional teams (merchandising, planning, finance, information technology)
- Work with others to bring form / structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues
55 THOMAS STREET
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis - ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
- Ability to structure project activities, resource allocation, timing, and interdependencies
- Ability to drive results across simultaneous projects under tight time pressures
- 2 to 4 years work experience required
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in supply chain management / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Theresa engineers innovative tech solutions with a small agile development team. Specifically, they work to bring mobile applications to the hands of Gap’s store associates.
Back to top