Senior Analyst - Inbound Transportation Brand Operations
Our past is full of iconic moments - but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Transportation Brand Operations Sr. Analyst - Inbound, based in San Francisco, CA is both a crucial operational role and liaison role representing the Transportation Inbound Operations function for all Gap Inc. brands. This role is responsible for working cross functionally with Central Brand Planning / S&OP team, international Origin Logistics team, domestic Hub Operations team and the centralized GTOC frontline center to drive on-time Transportation performance in support of brand commercial plan success. This resource should be able to provide comprehensive knowledge of current Inbound Transportation network health status, while simultaneously oversee risk mitigation for any brand-critical product. The role must also be able to manage Inbound operations network to support execution of key brand and company-wide initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze on-time performance reports for critical New Flow product and work with internal Inbound Operations business partners to mitigate potential risk
- Monitor delays in network and assist in coordinating acceleration to reduce impact to DC delivery
- Maintains relationships with Centralized Planning / S&OP team and internal Operations teams
- Owns tracking of high-visibility product through network for product moving via Air and Ocean modes to end destination in coordination with Transportation functions
- Monitor select Parcel moves from vendor to stores (Test & Respond) and from stores to consumers (Ship from Store)
- Pull and compile information for service concerns from ITO facilities, Origin points, or shipment modes
- Coordinates international product transfers and purchase order diverts with brand business partners and Trade Compliance team
- Strong relationship building skills
- Knowledge of logistics pipeline and operational issues affecting freight movement
- Working PC skills utilizing: Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to effectively articulate a point of view and influence outcomes
- Strong time management skills
- Sense of urgency and ability to follow up are critical skills
- 3-5 years business experience in Logistics or related field/industry
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience required
- Travel Requirement: none
- This position is based in San Francisco, CA
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Back to top