Senior Analyst, HR Analytics and Operations - Old Navy
Old Navy makes current American fashion essentials accessible to every family. From day one, Old Navy was a revolution. We were something the world had never seen - fabulous, affordable fashion. We didn't take ourselves too seriously, and we broke the industry's rules. We said fashion didn't have to be just for rich people - it could be for everyone. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can shop for their must-have fashion essentials online as well as in one of our 1,000+ stores located globally.
When you work at Old Navy, you're choosing a different path (and a pretty awesome one at that). We believe that style and quality should be accessible to everyone and we work hard to make that possible. Truth is, in fashion, it's easy to be exclusive. It takes a lot more creativity, guts and drive to be inclusive. What we believe in today is exactly what we believed in when we started: we're on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Sound good to you?
Old Navy – a brand for everyone, a place for you.
Job Summary: The Senior Analyst in HR Analytics and Operations within the HQTalent Team will lead and own Reportingand Analytics that support HR strategy and process for the Old Navy HQpopulation. The Sr. Analyst will provide Project Management, Process, and Operationalsupport for people initiatives focused on driving operational excellencetowards A+ Talent Strategy. This role will also serve as a Shared Servicesupport to the greater HQ HR Generalist Team.
Reporting and Analytics
- Develop, create, and provide HR reporting and analytic support through,but not limited to:
- HQ dashboards
- People Path To Max report
- Headcount reporting
- Turnover reporting
- Culture Surveyreporting
- Compile, analyze, and synthesize data to communicate key HRmetrics used to identify and inform areas of risk/best practices for decisionmaking to key stakeholders within the business
- Develop simpleto complex HR reports using data from multiple HR data sources
- Go-toexpert in pulling and generating people data reporting using the SuccessFactorsWorkforce Analytics Tool
- Supportthe greater HR/Communications Team (such as HR Generalists, Talent Acquisition,Employee Experience, Communications) with ad-hoc projects related to reporting,data requests and analysis for the HQ population
- Identifyworkforce status and trends within employee data and can 'paint the picture' towhat story is being told in a concise and illustrative way
Project Management, Process, and Operational Support
- Support the project management of HR strategy and processsupporting the HQ Talent Team
- Support theadministration of ongoing people processes and tools (i.e. Rewards, CultureSurvey, Talent Management, COMPASS, MSS, etc.)
- Lead andassist with the simplification and documentation of internal HR processes andcontrols as needed
- Assist and support in the development oftraining and communication to support new programs or best practices
- Assist and support in the creation of tools +templates in service to broad and consistent HQ Talent needs
Shared Service Support for HR Generalist Team
- Lead and own various HR processes/systems insupport of the greater HR Generalist Team through, but not limited to:
- Brownbags (e.g. maternity leave)
- TalentExchange support (note taking, compilation of data)
- ManagerSelf Service Tool
- Partner closely with the HR Generalist Team tounderstand where consistencies and efficiencies are needed around current HRprocesses
- Understand needs of the team to better identifywhere the structure/process is lacking and the need to create
550 TERRY FRANCOIS BLVD.
- Proven ability to analyze complex data by identifyinglinkages between multiple data sources that tells a story and drives key peopledecisions
- Strong diagnostics skills (listening, probing,analyzing)
- Strong computer skills in Excel required. WorkforceAnalytics and PeopleSoft a plus.
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of HR data and systems
- Strong interest (and general understanding) of "systemsthinking" e.g. the process of understanding how things (actions, workflowsetc.) influence one another within a whole
- Ability tocombine data from all HR systems to produce a holistic view of our employeesand HR programs that affect them.
- Passionate about HR process and creatingtools/resources from scratch to create consistencies and efficiencies withinthe HR Talent Team
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage competingpriorities at once
- Ability tomanage details without losing sight of the broader picture
- Verbal andWritten Communication – clearly conveys information and ideas through verbaland written communication to individuals or groups in a manner that engages theaudience and helps them understand and retain the message
- Comfortablepresenting data and interfacing with different parts of the business, as needed
- Ability tothink 'outside the box' to drive creative solutions to HR and business relatedquestions
- Picks uptechnical skills quickly
- Strong teamplayer and enjoys working in a collaborative environment with different typesof teams
- Highprofessional standards regarding customer service and data confidentiality
- Process Management- Can see opportunities for synergyand integration; good at figuring out the processes to get things done.
- Action Oriented-Sees the need for speed and agility and relentlessly seizes opportunities; notfearful of acting with minimal planning or input.
- Critical Thinker/Solution Finder – Takes the time to look at andquestion conventional wisdom and looks beyond; skilled problem solver; cancombine parts of ideas, come up with missing pieces, play with differentcombinations, etc.
- Decision Quality- Makes good decisions based upon a mixtureof analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- BusinessAcumen – Knows how businesses work; uses business acumen to inform peoplestrategies, recommendations and talent decisions.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goalssuccessfully; pushes self and others to achieve more; ispositive and possesses a "can-do" attitude.
- Adaptability – maintaining effectiveness when experiencingmajor changes in work tasks, structures, processes and culture
- Composure – Can be counted on to hold thingstogether during tough times; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; iscool under pressure and can handle multiple highly sensitive issuessimultaneously.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Back to top