Senior Analyst, Global Finance, Marketing, Gap Brand
General Summary- This individual will be responsible for marketing investment analysis to ensure compliance to budget on marketing divisional spend. The marketing finance group will support marketing financial strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the monthly forecast and close process for all marketing investments
- Identify and research monthly variances to prior forecast, budget, and prior year, proactively identifying opportunities.
- Work closely with functional areas to understand business flow and key drivers.
- Own monthly meetings with business partners to review current and future marketing investments and ensure compliance with budget.
- Coordinate the annual marketing budget process, working closely with business partners inside and outside of finance, and partner with marketing team on all senior management presentations
- Coordinate training for marketing team on forecasting tools and accounting policies relevant to the area
- Proactively identify shared issues and best practices with other divisions to leverage resources wherever possible
- Maintain and improve all tools supporting communication of marketing forecast with marketing team
- Develop ROI mentality for all marketing investments understanding true costs and benefits
- Responsible for all marketing accruals ensuring accurate accruals with appropriate back up
- Responsible for marketing divisional spend (Headcount, Travel etc.) budget and forecast
- Communicate forecast to divisional finance team
- Support business partners with ad hoc requests
111 WEST 33RD STREET
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or CPA a plus
- 3-5 years experience in a related function with accounting/financial experience, retail experience a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting and statistical principles
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) and interest in mastering new systems
- Knowledge of Oracle GL, Oracle sub-ledgers, and EssBase
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Superlative interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Team player with a positive attitude
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top