Senior Analyst - Global Finance - Marketing
In 1969, Don and Doris Fisher opened the first Gap store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco. They wanted to make it easier to find a great pair of jeans, and they did. Their denim and records store was a hit, and today we're the world's most iconic American brand.
We're represented in more than 1400 stores in over 40 countries, and online. Our unique aesthetic is optimistic cool, elevated American style. We believe in staying true to our heritage while creating what's next.
Don and Doris Fisher always wanted to "do more than sell clothes," and today we're leaders in employee volunteering and social impact.
If you're full of ideas, if you want to work with phenomenal people, and if you think we should leave the world better than we found it, we'd love to meet you.
General Summary- This individual will be responsible for marketing investment analysis to ensure compliance to budget on marketing divisional spend. The marketing finance group will support marketing financial strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the monthly forecast and close process for all marketing investments
- Identify and research monthly variances to prior forecast, budget, and prior year, proactively identifying opportunities.
- Work closely with functional areas to understand business flow and key drivers.
- Own monthly meetings with business partners to review current and future marketing investments and ensure compliance with budget.
- Coordinate the annual marketing budget process, working closely with business partners inside and outside of finance, and partner with marketing team on all senior management presentations
- Coordinate training for marketing team on forecasting tools and accounting policies relevant to the area
- Proactively identify shared issues and best practices with other divisions to leverage resources wherever possible
- Maintain and improve all tools supporting communication of marketing forecast with marketing team
- Develop ROI mentality for all marketing investments understanding true costs and benefits
- Responsible for all marketing accruals ensuring accurate accruals with appropriate back up
- Responsible for marketing divisional spend (Headcount, Travel etc.) budget and forecast
- Communicate forecast to divisional finance team
- Support business partners with ad hoc requests
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or CPA a plus
- 3-5 years experience in a related function with accounting/financial experience, retail experience a plus
- Strong understanding of accounting and statistical principles
- Excellent technical skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) and interest in mastering new systems
- Knowledge of Oracle GL, Oracle sub-ledgers, and EssBase
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Superlative interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
- Organized and detail oriented
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five "on the clock" hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee's base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Meet Some of Gap Inc.'s Employees
Director Of Merchandising, Gap
As Merchandising Director of Men’s and Women’s fitness, Dan lets customers take the lead on GapFit’s collection. He's involved in many fashioning functions, from detailing design to sampling, swatches, selection and clothing production.
Back to top